1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye Toyota Hello Audi

thecuse Nov 23, 2007

1. thecuse

thecuse New Member

Hello Everyone,

I have just joined this forum as I have just bought my first Audi. Traded in my 2000 Toyota Celica and I got a late 2004 1.8T with only 37k miles and I have lots of questions.

First thing is it only came with very standard 16" wheels and I wanted to upgrade them. I can buy replicas in Northern Ireland but don't know whether to go for 17" or 18". I want to reduce the gap in the wheel arch but also don't want my teeth falling out on the Irish roads. The place in the north offered a 132 wheel in 17" with a 225 45 17 tyre @ £450 -680 Euro inclusive or he 18" package is for RS6 & New RS4 251 with 225 40 18 tyre @ 760 Euros. I like the 5 spoke 132 wheel best but they on do it in 17". Any suggestions.

The other question is about driving the car and changing gears. Sometimes it can be a little sticky going into gear compared to the Toyota. I do have to depress the clutch and press it again?? Is this normal for Audi or what can I check? Happened today when I was stuck in traffic for a long time.

Also should there be a little play in the gear stick when moving off or accelerating. The Celica gear knob didn't budge once it was in gear and I don't know if this is a normal feature.

I have a 6 month warranty on the car, so if anything needs to be thighened up, I will get it done for free.

Regards,

The Cuse :arco:

2. samuelt

samuelt Member

i have 18's and the sport suspension and notice very little differnace over the 16's. I would look at this option as 18's ok 19's to hard.

3. Silver Quattro

Silver Quattro 1st Quattro Deffo not my last...

Hi mate welcoem to the world of Audi's

i dont yet have any big wheels but will let you know how i get on with having possibly 19's although sorta dreading it because of x amount of pot holes and speed humps,

happy audi'ing mate.