1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye Toyota Hello Audi

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by thecuse, Nov 23, 2007.

1. thecuse

thecuse New Member

Hello Everyone,

I have just joined this forum as I have just bought my first Audi. Traded in my 2000 Toyota Celica and I got a late 2004 1.8T with only 37k miles and I have lots of questions.

First thing is it only came with very standard 16" wheels and I wanted to upgrade them. I can buy replicas in Northern Ireland but don't know whether to go for 17" or 18". I want to reduce the gap in the wheel arch but also don't want my teeth falling out on the Irish roads. The place in the north offered a 132 wheel in 17" with a 225 45 17 tyre @ £450 -680 Euro inclusive or he 18" package is for RS6 & New RS4 251 with 225 40 18 tyre @ 760 Euros. I like the 5 spoke 132 wheel best but they on do it in 17". Any suggestions.

The other question is about driving the car and changing gears. Sometimes it can be a little sticky going into gear compared to the Toyota. I do have to depress the clutch and press it again?? Is this normal for Audi or what can I check? Happened today when I was stuck in traffic for a long time.

Also should there be a little play in the gear stick when moving off or accelerating. The Celica gear knob didn't budge once it was in gear and I don't know if this is a normal feature.

I have a 6 month warranty on the car, so if anything needs to be thighened up, I will get it done for free.

Regards,

The Cuse :arco:

2. samuelt

samuelt Member

i have 18's and the sport suspension and notice very little differnace over the 16's. I would look at this option as 18's ok 19's to hard.
  3. Silver Quattro

Silver Quattro 1st Quattro Deffo not my last...

Hi mate welcoem to the world of Audi's

i dont yet have any big wheels but will let you know how i get on with having possibly 19's although sorta dreading it because of x amount of pot holes and speed humps,

happy audi'ing mate.