1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye A3, Hello Datsun!

Timbo Dec 24, 2006

1. Timbo

Timbo Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

Well chaps, I probably won't be around very much any more as the A3 has been replaced by this:

[​IMG]

A Datsun with a Renault engine!

And yes I know it's going to be a b*gger to keep clean.

Thanks to everyone for all the help I've received on this board - it made Audi ownership all the more enjoyable.

Cheers! Tim.

2. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

Nice car, the exhaust note is awesome

3. Pete69zx

Pete69zx Guest

TRAITOR! Nah just joking...

Hope you enjoy your new ride fella, it looks nice :)

4. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

looks nice ! hope you enjoy it and dont be a stanger !

5. skyliner34

skyliner34 Savin' & Lookin' for an A3!

Nice car Tim!

Just be prepared to hear rattles from the dash. We've had over 20 Nissans parked outside the house, all been 100% reliable. But all have rattles :(. You pay extra for rattles with Audi, it comes as standard with Nissan :).

Funny thing is, i'm going to be moving from a Datsun to a Audi :)

6. Timbo

Timbo Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

Cheers guys!
    Datsun, please! :)

No rattles yet (touch wood)! The old A3 rattled like a good'un - still after 100K miles I would expect no less. Thankfully doing far less miles these days so hopefully all the rattles on this one will be for the next owner to find!

After a lifetime of Fords anything that doesn't rattle or rust is a Godsend.

Cheers!

7. skyliner34

skyliner34 Savin' & Lookin' for an A3!

:)

Enjoy you'r Datsun :racer:

8. Nice, I'm a big fan of it's predecessor - the 300zx Twin Turbo :D

9. Tequie

Tequie New Member

Funny, the name Datsun faded away a long time ago in Australia, I think around the early 80s. I didn't know Datsun is synonimous (sp?) with Nissan. It is a lovely car, had the pleasure of racing against one with my Honda S2000 at a local track. It was much faster but dont know if it was the car's fault or the driver :)

10. SteveS

SteveS S6 avant

i used to have a black 300zx twin turbo. what a beast! i thought i could drive until i bought it - 300bhp to the back wheels, it used to do the biggest burnouts off the lights you've ever seen - if you could keep it straight! I blew it up in the end and decided to go back to audi's. i'l never forget though. i had an r6 at the time and there was'nt much between them up to 60mph!

11. pea.

pea. Member

Sounds like me and my old Supra!

Gimme the 4 wheel drive any day!!!