1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good service from Audi

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_monkeytrousers, Apr 5, 2005.

1. [Apr 5, 2005]
    Whilst driving to work yesterday my engine management light came on.

I phoned Audi Roadside Assistance who sent a mobile Audi technician out to me within a couple of hours. He plugged his laptop in, found the fault (a temperature sensor had broken, or something) and replaced the part on the spot. All for free.

It's things like this that make me glad I paid extra to buy my S3 from an Audi main dealer. I have to say the warranty work I have had done under Audi Approved has also been generally excellent and has almost made up for the inflated dealer car price.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. WilkoS3

WilkoS3 Member

[Apr 6, 2005]
    I have experienced the same good service from road side assistance.

My car will be 3 years old this September. Is it worth extending my cover & does anyone know what it costs?
  4. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 6, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I have experienced the same good service from road side assistance.

My car will be 3 years old this September. Is it worth extending my cover & does anyone know what it costs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at the ridiculous charges that they have just brought in. Its like £700 for the year.. SO not worth it!
  5. marshalld

marshalld aka dazzler

[Apr 6, 2005]
    Not that you can buy a warranty at the moment...

See here: link to discussion - scroll down
    I'm waiting for Audi CS to send me a letter confirming what they said on the phone - which ties in with what the dealer told me.
  6. a4sline

a4sline Member

[Apr 6, 2005]
    Good old guys in the Allroads !!!
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  7. C_Audiboy

C_Audiboy Vroom Vroom

[Apr 6, 2005]
    Scary or what - the exact same thing happened to me only the previous day! A faulty temp sensor also.

I agree - top quality service from the Audi technician. I didn't have to go near the dealer which is always a good thing. All sorted within 15 mins on my driveway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif