1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good RNS-E Sellers

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by terrymcg, Nov 27, 2006.

1. terrymcg

terrymcg Member

[Nov 27, 2006]
    Hi guys,

Can anyone recomend any good RNS-E sellers on ebay? there are loads on there just wondered if anyone has bought from anyone on there?

By the way, does the Bose sound better on the RNS-E than on Symphony II?

Terry
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

[Nov 27, 2006]
    Best bet is Craigyb on this forum. Top bloke, he does the full install.
  4. terrymcg

terrymcg Member

[Nov 27, 2006]
    Thanks,

But craigyb is a bit pricey for me, i think he charges quite a bit above the £500 mark. Don't get me wrong I would use him if I had the cash as I have heard loads of good stuff about him!
  5. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

[Nov 27, 2006]
    You might save a bit of cash buying an RNS-E off ebay but tbh there are so many variations of the thing you'd run a risk of getting an incompatible model or needing some extra bits. At least if you go to Craigyb you can be guaranteed of getting the right kit.

You get what you pay for basically.

(Unless you pay for Audi to supply it, in which case you get fleeced :) )
  6. benw123

benw123 Moderator

[Nov 28, 2006]
    I bought my RNS-E off eBay exactly a week ago, and fitted it last Sunday! There's loads in Poland and Lithuania, but the guy I bought from lives in London. When I arrived to collect, he had the unit already connected to a 12V source so he could demo it to me and prove that it worked. Just collecting in person made a real difference.

His name is Paul (seller ID is "topsatnav") and he's based in Hanwell, and it just so happens he has another mint RNS-E on eBay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200051524951

Paul can also sell you the adapters you need as well - they're currently listed in a separate auction. Recommended; very trustworthy and friendly.

Usual eBay rules apply when buying anything though: ask lots of questions, check the feedback, see if they're located nearby for collection - I've always found this breeds more trust if you know where the vendor lives.