Good places for cambelt replacement in Nottingham area (for v6)

Jackhop22

Reaction score
Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Hello, just been into Nottingham audi for a quote for a cambelt and waterpump, £1020!
Anyone know any good places in the area which are more reasonable?
I am a technician, but it's the sort of job I don't mind paying for, especially if someone has done one before!
But worse case, I'll end up doing it myself!

cheers in advance for any info! :)

What v6 do you have petrol or diesel ? Tipically i would do a cambelt supply and fit for half that ammount ! Full cambelt kit, water pump, aux. drivebelts and antifreeze + i use genuine timing/locking tools + done hundreds ! Drop me a pm to discuss...

Chris- 07789912128.

I used Sports Tech in Ilkeston to do mine, they've done a fair bit of work for me now and have always been good.

Plus 1 for Sport Tech at Ilkeston, only done a couple of minor jobs but all ok:sm4:

Might be a bit out of your way but give BVR in Stafford a try, they are ASN sponsors. They did mine a few weeks ago, very happy with the price and service and will be definitely using them again

I had my belt done, all tensioners and rollers plus water pump and thermostat 2 years ago at a main audi dealer for £800 inc vat if it helps. Mine is a 2.4 V6 petrol.

I had my belt done, all tensioners and rollers plus water pump and thermostat 2 years ago at a main audi dealer for £800 inc vat if it helps. Mine is a 2.4 V6 petrol.

Same here, I had a nice courtesy car and a fair bit of change from £800 from an Audi main dealer and it looks good in the log book (and is easy to verify!).

The 3.0 engine is not simple to do, there are 4x cams each with it's own pulley- not a job to mark and pray ! The 2.4/2.6/2.8 and 2.7 are easy to do compared with that !