Good place to buy a battery?

Macduff

Reaction score
Hi folks

Looks like the battery on our TDI 130 is going to give up soon. The car is doing quite a few short journeys now and with winter around the corner I doubt it'll last.

I've been shopping around and to get a decent battery I think I'll need to be spending about £100. Been looking at Varta Blue & Silver Dynamic. Will probably go for the Silver as it's only a fiver more and has a CCA rating of 780 against 680 for the Blue.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good (and cheap) mail order battery suppliers. National will do the Blue Dynamic for £104 with a 10% online discount so may just go for that if nothing else comes along.

Bit shocked at the prices though as the last battery I bought was for our Bora V5. It only cost £30!

Finally, has anyone bought a new battery for a 1.9 TDI 130? Is the correct size 096 as some sites say the batteries for 1.9 and 2.5 are size 110 while others list 096 for the 1.9 and 110 for the 2.5.

Cheers
Dave

The cheapest I found that is not online is Kwikfit £80, online was seventy something.
Went to Kwikfit as they fit it aswell.
Had mine done not long ago.