1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good news and bad news....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OutLore, Jul 3, 2006.

1. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

[Jul 3, 2006]
    Good news is that it's July 4th tomorrow which means it's PARTY TIME!!!!1

:beerchug::thrashi: :arco:

Bad news is... I backed my truck into a fire hydrant. Then, being the sensible guy that I am tried to back it off the offending hydrant. Result: One very torn up rear bumper and one "Leaning Hydrant of Dallas" stylee hydrant. Luckily it didn't bust open and start spraying water everywhere, although I can't help but to think that it would have been kinda cool if it did, lol
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Beerzo

Beerzo Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

[Jul 3, 2006]
    We dont have that over here but i would love to go to the US for the independance day stuff!
  4. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

[Jul 3, 2006]
    LOL, yeah, we need more public holidays, bank holidays are not enough !
  5. amb276s3

amb276s3 bird spotter

[Jul 3, 2006]
    best wishes to you and your countrymen, i would give my right arm to be an american citizen, its got to be better than this hell hole we call england, which in 20 years time will probably be renamed to ' the rest of the world'
  6. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

[Jul 3, 2006]
    Dudes... do you not remember? I am a UK citizen... I just work here!!! Its good, but the commute is a killer.

July 4th is independence day... ;)

And trust me - to be a citizen you need to give them your right arm, leg one of your balls and thats not normally enough. I worked with a guy last week who has been here 6 years and still hasn't got citizenship. They give you a permanent resident card, but thats still not enough to call yourself a US citizen. I'm trying to go through that at the moment. Not easy.

The UK and US have similar national holiday days in number, but the general thing here is 10days vacation per year. As a UK employee, I get 28... but, this year - I get 1 day off at Xmas. 1 day, thats it!

It's not all roses...
  7. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Jul 3, 2006]
    Have a good time single guy.
  8. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Jul 3, 2006]
    1)So you want to be a red indian?????

2) "the rest of the world" ISNT that wot America IS? its made up of everything ,poles/irish/scots/russians etc isnt it funny the "land of the free" now has a big sign up on the front door saying "CLOSED" ! :confused:
  9. amb276s3

amb276s3 bird spotter

[Jul 3, 2006]
    i take your point fallmonk, its just when you are over there,( i know vacations are misleading ), everything is how england should be, service, manners, choice and massive open spaces to name but a few, i recall being in macys in manhattan a fews years back looking for a pair of boots size 10, the assistant a polite coloured guy came back with 5 boxes of various widths, i go to my local jjb to buy a pair of reebok classic trainers and i'm greeted with ' dunno if we've got them in mate ' and to think i was going to hand over cash to such a crettin. hope springs eternal.
  10. bainsyboy

bainsyboy Guest

[Jul 3, 2006]
    JULY 4TH Burgers all round, thats when the yanks killed us English wasnt it, so lets celebrate with a big fat juicy burger.

" i would give my right arm to be an american citizen " i will send my tree surgeon friend ASAP
  11. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Jul 4, 2006]
    Fair Deal mate, i know wot your saying it is a better place in a lot of ways ,BUT it has its problems as well ,just look at the poor buggers in New Orleans ,they are still living in squaler from Hurricane Katrina!
    ...and thats from the richest nation in the world! also the gun crime is out of control over there,
    BUT generaly i agree with you the good outways the bad , but im still happy to be a Scottish(British) citizen! :beerchug:
  12. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[Jul 4, 2006]
    July 4th Celebrations RULE (I'm trying to sound american) if you don't have a good time tonight you need help!
  13. missviper

missviper Member

[Jul 4, 2006]
    Do you really mean you want to be American citizen??
    No offence nothing against the Americans but you spose to be proud of being British??? Lol

Know the feeling though this country is going to the dogs.
    I would like to be a Australian, German or Candian Citizen and yes we need more Bank Holidays.
  14. amb276s3

amb276s3 bird spotter

[Jul 4, 2006]
    fallmonk, any crofts available in the extreme north of scotland?
  15. amb276s3

amb276s3 bird spotter

[Jul 4, 2006]
    if i were leaving england i think you are just about right missviper, usa, oz and germany would be great, i've heard some fantastic reports of germany, see you there!
  16. bainsyboy

bainsyboy Guest

[Jul 4, 2006]
    Shall we have a whip round ? stop keep moaning do it
  17. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Jul 4, 2006]
    No problem mate, will dig out the farmers guide for you !

hopefully a nice farmers daughter for you as well for the cold nights :eiertritt:
  18. amb276s3

amb276s3 bird spotter

[Jul 5, 2006]
    could you possibly make sure she's no bigger than dress size 10 and has got a backside smaller than kylies.....and ....and