Good MAF, good coil packs, good spark plugs...still not working....then read this

pacman1.8t

Reaction score
Hi to all

Just posting this up as might help one or two out in the future, here is a thread i started a few weeks ago and i was scratching my head trying to find out what the eff was wrong with my car. After replacing MAF, testing coil packs, new plugs, cleaning injectors, checking for air leaks, cleaning out fuel rail, cleaning inlet manifold, following every cable in the engine bay for breaks or shorts and hours online and still no results.....................

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?93026-New-MAF-and-still-not-working!!!!!!!

I FOUND IT!!!!!

!!!!!!!!...Ignition control module...!!!!!!!!

Basically it wasnt sending no power to the third coil pack... thus.... no spark
Now shes running sweeeet at 140,000 miles
A big thanks to all th guys helping me in that thread :w00t:

Excellent

How did you clean your injectors and fuel rail?

Last edited:
I changed my o rings on my injector today finesse, quite easy to remove the fuel rail and injectors. I wouldn't recommend cleaning the tip of the injector or spraying anything inside. I just clean the outside up with some carb cleaner.

The reason i changed my o rings was because i was noticing some mist/oily staining on the inlet manifold where the injectors are, my idle also had a little miss in it. The idle is better but time will tell

The reason i changed my o rings was because i was noticing some mist/oily staining on the inlet manifold where the injectors are, my idle also had a little miss in it. The idle is better but time will tell

What was the sympton? My idle is fluctuating between 760rpm and 800rpm.

Well cleaned it all up with a bit of carb cleaner, and only cleaned the outside of the injectors but thrown a bit of redex in the safe measures, oh i forgot i also cleaned the throttle body up as it was caked in crap. just took it out for a spin and she goes!!

What was the sympton? My idle is fluctuating between 760rpm and 800rpm.

Clean the throttle up first and have a quick look to see if it looks a little dirty near the injectors. If it does, spray carb cleaner to clean it up then keep an eye on it for a few weeks. If you notice fresh dirt after a few then change the o ring, no point changing something that's working ok.

The dodgy idle on 1.8t can be a number of things, it's best to do all the little bit first

Checked the throttle body today and it was still clean. Also recalibrated the TB with vag-com.
I'll check the injectors tomorrow. Is it easy to remove them?

Im planning on changing mine also very soone as my inlet manifold on No. 1 injectore is full of oil/petrol stains which is from the injector leaking.

How much roughly for the o rings and how manys 4 or 8

I got 8, there's 1 at the top and 1 at the bottom. The one that leaks is the one at the injector end.

The o rings are quite expensive, i tried gsf and euro and they didn't do them. 035 906 149 A £3.14 each, you could get away with changing the lower ones but if your changing 1 o ring you might aswell do them all lol
Just be careful when your pull the injector out of the rail:icon_thumright:

Did you see the thread recently on TT forum. Someone has just done a little guide saying exactly the same as you said lol.

They are ****** expensive for little o rings. Will give it ago soon and probably spray my manifold at the same time.

You noticed any change in the way your car drives or mpg wise.

No, didn't see that thread lol Might be worth sticking a link on here for future reference. The car feels as though it's idling better but i always give it a few day to settle in, my fuel consumption wasn't too bad so i don't think think i'll see any major increases there. Main reason for doing it was the idle and the little puddle in 2 of the injector wells.

What colour you spraying the manifold? :)

Here is he injector seal guide

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=169605

My idle is ok but like you said you can here it missing every now and then so will change the o rings first see if that stops it.

Not sure one the manifold. Been thinking silver, power coated black or polished. Will likely go for silver though as it will make the engine bay look clean and new.