Good Car Batteries

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well thinking of replacing mine as its dead & I fear even when charged it will go again at some point, its 4-5 years old anyway so reason enough.

So anyway wanna know opinions & any batteries that are any good, bad or just plain ugly(yeah I know movie)

I was looking maybe at Optima batteries or Varta silver etc.

So any opinions?

Try one of these mate:

b14115.jpg

http://braillebattery.com/index.php/batteries/b14115/

lmao classic, lol, thats funny, lmao

pmmsll . u prob couldnt afford the battery mate

Optima are great or go for a Hoppecke, they're well respected and good quality.

Optima do seem to review well but 1 yr warranty concerns me fella, other one seems scarce, but I'll have a look around thanks Chris

Varta silver seems to be a very good battery, has more power & cranking with a very long warranty, so might get this if she doesnt get going today after some charging, have feeling it needs replacing anyway no matter if she gets running or not.

Why not get an OEM battery, seem perfectly accepable to me. That is unless you need the extra space for your sarnies Nigel :p

even with smaller battery as madalex did you wouldnt fit my triple decker sandwiches in there mate, lol

NHN,

Did you get a battery for your car? Only mine has given up. Started fine yesterday, but dead as a Dodo today.

I got it on charge now, but I think it has had it. I admit the car has only done 40-50 miles in the last two weeks over Xmas, compared to its usual 230-250 weeks, but I would have expected it to have discharged quite as dramatically.

Well mine was ok but I've noticed it does struggle still so I'm gonna swap it out soon for something like the Varta Silver Dynamic or the Varta Ultra Dynamic, the latter is a much better battery but also double the price given its gel I think with agm technology, but so you know the 1st one is actually what audi supply now for our cars, but look about as I'm sure you can buy the varta branded one for cheaper than audi charge.

http://www.barden-uk.com/varta-automotive-engine-start-batteries.html

I was considering an Optima redtop but warranty is only 1 year I think where as varta is 5 years, also looked at others but £200 was a tad high

After relocating my battery to the boot i bought a Exide Maxxima 900DC which a fantastic battery and will out perform pretty much anything when compared to size/weight/price. I bought one new for £160 back in 2007 so don`t take any notice of RRP rubbish just shop around. If you want a cheaper battery check out the auto express test of leading batteries HERE.

I actually spent days looking at batteries of all sorts from £60-£300, in end after much ******* around I went for the varta silver dynamic, I checked number of places & some were quoting £120, can you believe in the end I got the same battery from audi themselves for £68, 2 year warranty but half price pretty much of other suppliers & its the real thing not audi branded, lol, funny huh how we sometimes take the long way round & end up back where we never expect to be & get what we wanted, lmao