Good buy for a novice homewasher?

GaryP

Reaction score
Halfords (I know, but stay with me!) have a Meguiars kit in stock at the moment priced at £36, supposedly discounted down from £60.

Question - does this look like a reasonable kit for that price and contain stuff worth having? I'm very new to looking after a car myself so this seems a good start to go along with my Snow Foam Lance and Autofinesse Avalanche foam I'm about to order.

It's got Shampoo, Wheel Cleaner, Glass Cleaner, Quick Wax spray, Endurance Tyre Gel with Applicator and 3 micro fibre cloths.

That stuff alone costs bought seperately in Halfords would cost just over £70.

New car on its way and will likely be getting it coated/sealed with GTechniq EXO v3 straightaway.

IMG 4055

Reactions: Jassyo06
Halfords (I know, but stay with me!) have a Meguiars kit in stock at the moment priced at £36, supposedly discounted down from £60.

Question - does this look like a reasonable kit for that price and contain stuff worth having? I'm very new to looking after a car myself so this seems a good start to go along with my Snow Foam Lance and Autofinesse Avalanche foam I'm about to order.

It's got Shampoo, Wheel Cleaner, Glass Cleaner, Quick Wax spray, Endurance Tyre Gel with Applicator and 3 micro fibre cloths.

New car on its way and will likely be getting it coated/sealed with GTechniq EXO v3 straightaway.

View attachment 145906
Great value for money and they're all nice products, l am always wary of wheel cleaners on audi wheel hubs cause even the slightest acidic wheel cleaner will strip the hub paint off prematurely leaving rusty wheel hubs, at that price well worth a pundt

Reactions: martin1984, GaryP and Audib5fan

View attachment 145906

In the past I’ve had the shampoo, the quick detailer and the tyre gel & applicator. All really good stuff. The only thing I didn’t get on with is the applicator pad.

Reactions: martin1984 and GaryP
Hi mate Marells Detailing (ASN Sponsor) have produced Wasabi car care products which we use on all our cars. Would you like to try our products, our shampoo can be used as snowfoam as well so that will save you some money. PM me if you are interested and i will throw in a drying towel for free.

Reactions: martin1984, GaryP and Jassyo06
Yeah megs is decent stuff good price to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: martin1984 and GaryP
I bought myself this kit a few weeks back and used it for the first time the other day.

I am also no professional and prior to this kit have always ran with a yellow sponge, some fairy liquid and a mop bucket!

I am really happy with the kit. I really like the colour of my car but its so much better now still plenty that needs to be done but im just a beginner for now! After a week of driving in rubbish weather it still looks freshly cleaned unless you are puposely looking for dirt.

I teamed it up with the meguiars lambs wool mit and a meguiars quick clay kit that im yet to use properly as it was freezing and id had enough! I also used a synthetic chamois and about 5 more microfibre cloths (wash them first gets all the fluff off just wash by hand in clean water)

Id also advise having a read up on best techniques for the stuff aswel although it does have some basic instructions stashed under the back label. I found a pretty decent pdf guide, it maybe in the detailing section on this forum there are also plenty of guides on detailing world.

I managed to get a final finish better than any id had prior and in less time and its lasted longer thanks to the wax.

I also bought from halfords.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: martin1984, Audib5fan, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
megs if deffo worth the money ive used a lot of there products which are good there is better but with a much higher price tho. also so if you like the results of megs you just pop down halfords for a top up and theres always offer as in 3 for 2 etc which makes great value

Reactions: GaryP