Golf VR6 to avoid

theres a lot of it about . had a close call recently with an audi a4 it was advertised at 97000 very nice looking 1.9 tdi sport in briliant red so i done an hpi check and it came back at 132000 taken from the last mot done 7 months earlier

my poor VR outside my old house
Picture024.jpg

avoid it why? doesnt really matter does it..... i mean a 16 year old car thats already done most of its depreciation, mileage wouldnt even be a concern.

youd buy on condition condition condition.

the police would only be ****** off about having to listen to this they have enough on their plate already without this crap,believe me they will not be interested.

the police would only be ****** off about having to listen to this they have enough on their plate already without this crap,believe me they will not be interested.

Oh okay thanks for your advice

Hate it when people do this, I sold my Bora through ebay with 190k on the clock, 2 weeks later it was back on ebay with 100k on the clock.

twats, people who cant earn money the decent way and basicaly just rob people. I also doubt the police will be intrested, not sure if the dvla would be intrested or not. Who would buy a car with no previous MOT certificates though?

drivel?? id rather by a car in good condition with 160k on it. than a beaten up one with 70k.
thats what i meant by condition condition condition. (i said it 3 times as thats all that matters with old cars!)
theyve took what 30k off it maybe? so what? mileage isnt a concern. even more so with vr6s that can easily do 200k if looked after.
looks a nice car in the pics. most mk3 golf turds have big blisters of rust all over them by now.

even if it comes with no previous certs. you can go on the vosa site and see the history (including any advisories) since computerisation.
go have a look? id be interested to see.

its not illegal to clock a car, but it is to then sell it and hide the fact the mileage has been changed..... like someone said its deception.

You sound like a seller mate,why do you think a car with less mileage warrants a higher price ?

i dont think it warrants a higher price based on mileage.
people with very little mechanical knowledge often feel better about buying a car with less miles on it cus they feel they're buying a good car. they'll pay more for this "feeling" even when the car is, in most cases no better than one (in good condition) with twice the mileage.

with old cars people with mechanical knowledge ignore the mileage and buy on condition.

i dont think it warrants a higher price based on mileage.
don't talk daft,try autotrader for an insight but trust me cars with less mileage get more money.

with old cars people with mechanical knowledge ignore the mileage and buy on condition.

Unfortunately, there's more people out there without the mechanical knowledge and base their purchase on mileage and 'FSH' etc., so would pay a premium for a lower mileage model, because it's natural to think the less miles = less usage, which should equal better condition.

don't talk daft,try autotrader for an insight but trust me cars with less mileage get more money.

im not saying they dont. but once a car is over a certain age, say 12 years old. youve got to ignore mileage and look at condition. for example, quite often cars with less miles are more rusty!

when my dad finally sold his mk2 golf driver about 6 years ago, was 1988 on an early "e" plate he'd had it from new 1 owner, it had 180k on it when he sold it. but he'd maintained it reguardless of cost changing the oil every 6k, garaged most nights in his heated garaged. it was in better condition than the average one with 60k!
still he got next to nothing for it, as stupid people take one look at the mileage and think "too many miles on it".

why dont we all bid £1,000,000 £1,000,001 etc etc so it f***s up his auction lolol

If I had a choice of 2 Golfs, one with 60k on the clock and the other with 180k on the clock I know which way I'd swing...

all im saying is dont let mileage put you off a potentially good car.

all im saying is dont let mileage put you off a potentially good car.

There are some good cars out there with high mileage and with good keepers! But the general being that higher mileage cars need to be looked after more as things tend to wear out around 100k depending on how that car was driven and thats a complete unknown to a buyer which is why people prefer to go for younger miled cars.

Whos to say it hasnt sat in a garage for that length of time???

Not defending the seller as i hate feckers who rip off thru the car trade etc on innocent people/buyers, but i bought my A4 over a year ago and drove all the way from Poole to Glasgow, where the car hasnt moved more than probably 50-60 miles due to having another car and working on the Audi when funds and time allow. Almost put it up for sale due to redundancy a few months back but glad i didnt, but my ad would have only a few hundred extra miles from when i bought it, doesnt mean i clocked it thou! 2 sides and all that.

before we all hang,draw and quarter the guy has anyone thought he may not actually have clocked the car himself,it could have been done by a previous owner.