1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GOLF IV 1.4 Modification

Discussion in 'Volkswagen and other VAG' started by Pal, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Pal

Pal New Member

[Oct 15, 2003]

Hello guys,

Does anyone tryed to install a Turbo to a Golf MKIV the 1.4 cc one?

I am thinking of doing this modification to my car and I would like some ideas and maybe information from people that have already done a modification of this kind.

I am talking for appplying a Turbo of KKK at 0.5 bar max not more than that.

What other modifications can take place to the car in order to give it a serious boost to its performance?

Thanx Guys
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 26, 2014]

3. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 16, 2003]
    Dude, dont waste your time, just drop a 1.8T in it.. it really is not worthwhile tuning a 1.4!

Rich
  4. acf8181

acf8181 Member

[Oct 21, 2003]
    don't do either, sell your car and buy a gti 1.8t instead..will be cheaper and more reliable.
  5. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 22, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    acf8181 said:
    don't do either, sell your car and buy a gti 1.8t instead..will be cheaper and more reliable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly... I was just meaning if he wanted to mod THAT car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Rich
  6. imported_andywebb

imported_andywebb Guest

[Aug 2, 2004]
    it worth changing the whole engine and box if you can pick up donar car cheap enough.I bought a written off 02 130 gt tdi with 6,000 mls and transfered it into what was a 1.6 02 lots of fun but lots of work. it would be best only considered with a complete donar vehicle as cost of any extras you may need would be silly.