Going to order s3 sportback

My missus likes the Alu roof bars for the look. Not sure black ones on black as we have now work looks wise ... But we have them purely to attach bars/box/sheds etc safely and very practical they are.

Shallow just for looks question.. Matter of taste!

Seems like your missus is the one blessed with taste...

I'm talking about cars here young man so don't start attaching pictures of yourself for attempted validation of the above comment...:)

God bless..

Change your order when it gets placed with the dealer and you make contact. I've changed my spec (ie added to it) 5 times!!
Just have lol just spoke to dealer and order now placed ps I just sneaked on the reversible mat and load through,that's it now.............
btw with the load through do you still get 60/40 split seats? Dealer couldn't confirm this at the time

Last edited:
White
tech pack (bigger screen, higher res, nice touchpad functions etc)
audi sound upgrade does mean you cant lower the boot floor to the lower setting but you can't do that on a normal s3 anyway as it's Quattro.

I'd add adaptive cruise as it's only £300 when you have the comfort pack and is very very good. I'd take it instead of the reversing camera (gimmick in my view).

If pushing the boat out I'd go for b&o instead of Audi sound and also pano roof on the white looks great.

agreed, the only thing id drop is the advanced key if you want to keep costs down and agree drop the camera. me personally i went for lumbar support, but not electric seats. i hate electric seats anyway but without memory theyre pointless

:beerchug:Thanks guys I think I can live with a 360 litre boot as its a good shape plus the kids are out of the pushchairs now,hmm decisions advance key does seem expensive but I've just got so used to just having the fob in my pocket and grabbing the door handle and getting in press the button and off,I will be ripping the door handles off lol colour I can't decide my last five fords have been frozen white but I've never really liked grey but with the anthracite alloys it just looks classy,though I do like the estoril blue also,my fords got all that driver assistance stuff but the only thing I do like is the speed sign reconition and speed limiter(lots of safety van spots on all of my roots from home) but cruse control will sort that.How long have you guys been waiting for delivery on these baby's?

if you are used to something like the advanced key then get it, no point in going backwards

Phew these audi's sure are spartan on the standard kit! Electric lumber added and hopefully that's it now! Hope she's going to be worth it ps does a steering wheel come as standard? Lol

Phew these audi's sure are spartan on the standard kit! Electric lumber added and hopefully that's it now! Hope she's going to be worth it ps does a steering wheel come as standard? Lol

Yes wheel is standard but they are using some damaged ones with the bottom flattened. ;-0

Reactions: Cumbrian_bob and Trickz
Yes wheel is standard but they are using some damaged ones with the bottom flattened. ;-0
lol when I went on the test drive I had to park it up,turning the wheel and looking behind reversing I actually grabbed thin air"where's the wheel gone" the salesman laughed.

:unsure:Phew I'm on the last decision regards to spec before finally ordering,do I add audi connect onto my tech pack or go with my current selection of the reversing camera? Though if I were to drop the camera I might aswell drop the park plus and just have the audible rear,because like someone else has said you don't really find yourself looking at the display and I could live without the front sensor's hmm also I have a an iphone 5 with 3 on the oneplan(tethering and unlimited data)would this be ok with the audi connect?

latest spec
manual
estoril blue
mono pur
comfort pack park system plus
lighting pack
through load
electric lumber
Audi sound
tyre indicator
Reverse boot mat
privacy glass
Folding mirrors
tech pack
reversing camera

have you tried the stronic - I ordered the manual without trying the stronic as ive always had manuals cars. I tried the stronic and it was amazing and changed my order - I think words like hypocrite came to mind after changing my order, I always though autos were for imbeciles who cant drive or old people

Reactions: Trickz and PilotAudi
trickz, agreed. my 11 year Peugeot 307xsi had more kit and 11 years ago that car cost me £12500, crazy I know. I think audi will have to change soon or they'll start losing a lot of sales as I could buy 2 ford focus st2's AND have approx. £4K left over for the amount ive paid for 1 s3

Reactions: Trickz
The connect system in the car needs a seperate SIM card to work - it doesn't piggyback off your existing phone like the BMW connected system does.

Front parking BEEPS too Trikz... Worth having I reckon.

As autos go S Tronic is good but takes away the 'fun' of driving a 'hot hatch'... in my opinion.

The connect system in the car needs a seperate SIM card to work - it doesn't piggyback off your existing phone like the BMW connected system does.
didnt realise that! Thanks:) I thought I read somewhere either seperate sim or phone with sim access.

Earlier versions were able to, for some reason they disabled that feature with 4G. Separate SIM is better anyway.

:) last query lads honest...on the standard seats is there adjustment to allow you to tilt the base? And are there adjustable thigh supports?

:) last query lads honest...on the standard seats is there adjustment to allow you to tilt the base? And are there adjustable thigh supports?
Yes and yes, although the second yes it only adjusts out the way so provides more length for the thighs (don't think you can get any other form of thigh support).

Yes and yes, although the second yes it only adjusts out the way so provides more length for the thighs (don't think you can get any other form of thigh support).
:) so they have the same adjustment as the super sports seats? It's just in the brochure it doesn't say what kind of adjustment the standard seats have,it only says that the super sports seats have seat cushion tilt and adjustable thigh support

:) so they have the same adjustment as the super sports seats? It's just in the brochure it doesn't say what kind of adjustment the standard seats have,it only says that the super sports seats have seat cushion tilt and adjustable thigh support
If that's what the supersports have then yes the same. Sounds like the only functional thing the SS's give you that the standards don't is lumbar support.

:) thanks Craig and itguy and others for your advice and knowledge,thought i had another must have option again with those seats,blimey really not used to all these tough choices to make to keep the price of the car under mortgage territory! But finally submitted and deposit paid and now the waiting game,she better be worth it! though it gives me time to strip and sell all the bolt ons off my st before she's traded in.

I don't think the standard seats are brilliant for what is pitched as a sporty car, but think the only thing the supersports give you (having had them in my last car) over them is aesthetic improvement, rather than anything functional (other than lumbar). That said the standard seats are perfect for every day use and are available in part alcantara which is a big plus for me.

Last edited:
Sports car ??? I think not . Hot hatch maybe and great.

No I don't either though they will have a hard time to beat my fully electic 10 way recaro's in the st,but apart from that everything else about the s3 just exudes qaulity.Anyway final spec Estoril blue,Manual,Tech pack,Comfort pack with normal cruise and parking+Interior light pack,Mono pur,Advance key,Hill assist,Audi sound,Privacy glass,Load through,Reversible boot liner,Tyre monitor and Electric lumber.

Last edited:
Your doing good at 4 months, waited 6 for sportback ordered March got it September, and to top it off it was actually meant to come last Month (Nov) But then again I believe the S ones come a bit quicker being more limited edition or do they, just say that because the boss got his S4 a few weeks after me despite ordering later?