1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to buy steering wheel what do i need ? Pics inside

TDI140 Apr 10, 2013

1. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

Im going to buy this steering wheel for my car, its a flat bottom without multi function as i dont like the idea of buttons on the steering, the question is do i need a steering slip ring for it to fit ? If so which one and part numbers please ? Also whats the part number for the airbag plug that i need
    i know this has been covered but i cant find a thread for the non multifuction flat bottom steering sorry if it has been covered

thankyou
    image.jpg The new wheel i want to buy
    image.jpg What my steering looks like right now

2. coreythorny

coreythorny Active Member

Subscribed as this is something I'm interested in doing also.
    Also will the old airbag fit the new one? I presume not buy just checking.

3. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

It will not fit thats why the new airbag plug is needed i just need to know part number for air bag plug and whether the slipring needs to be upgraded to a different one for the flat bottom

4. coreythorny

coreythorny Active Member

Brilliant cheers.

Also FYI there was a S-line flat bottom on eBay the other week with airbag for £250 I think?

5. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

Thats cheap but i think it had multifunction buttons and i dont want them

6. martinivw

martinivw :)

They can be removed :)

7. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

Ive located a wheel from a breaker 45mins away from me all i need is the plug for it to the airbag, the actual airbag off ebay and a slip ring if i need one as i dont know which is why i created this thread to find out part number etc