1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

going on holiday, worried about car getting there ok!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by nath-w, Mar 18, 2009.

1. nath-w

nath-w Member

i have only just bought as s3, and i have already had a number of problems including coil packs 1 and 3 going, and the engine management light coming on. Also i need to change the thermostat as its varying between 60 and 90, but havn't got time to change it as i booked last minute and am going on friday. Im just a bit worried because even though everything is now fixed and running fine, i haven't driven it long distance since its been fixed. What sort of checks should i carry out before leaving apart from the usual oil and water check?
  2. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

AA or RAC cover would be a good idea if you are worried mate.
  4. nath-w

nath-w Member

yeh got AA cover, think everything will be ok. il just leave for the airport a couple of hours early.
  5. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

tyre pressures, brake fluid level, spare tyre pressure,
  6. Essflee

Essflee Active Member

I'd be more concerned with leaving my car in an airport car park, I always try to get a lift rather than drive...I don't trust them, my brother had a vectra Sri that was working perfectly fine when he left it with them, only to return from his honey moon to find his cambelt had gone and the car wouldn't start ( obviously ) and the vectra he had is chain rather than belt...not a happy camper, you leave at owners risk...
  7. Mr.G

Mr.G Active Member

Never E.V.E.R leave my car in a car park for longer than is remotely possible. If i pop into Tesco or the like its there for like 30 mins tops, parked in the most obscure parking bay possible. lol.

I'd never leave my car with an airport parking attendant, you will definately come back with problems be that either scratches or dents, maybe even a screwed engine etc as has already been mentioned!

Take the Bus/train/taxi/friends/parents route first and exhaust all means of getting there before taking the car.

G
  8. Essflee

Essflee Active Member

Lol...I'd rather strap the suitcase to my back and walk if need be...haha :)
  9. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

He sounds like he's taking his car to the destination, I've never had a problem doing 100mile in one stint in my S3 ave 80(kph) one way.
  10. Ibzzzzz

Ibzzzzz Member

Mate you should of recieved the ballasts today!
  11. alipaton

alipaton Member

12. paul_brad

paul_brad Member

I always go for the onsite airport parking, where you just roll up and park yourself, tesco car park style - and keep your keys!
  13. Effect

Effect Member

screw that, with he fact that we all drive fairly nice/quick cars the guys would have a great time thrashing them about.
    I dont trust my mates to drive my car with me in the passenger seat so some skivvy at an airport parking facility will NOT be getting hold of the keys to it by any stretch of the imagination.
  14. nath-w

nath-w Member

yeah thanks for that ibzzzzz, ive got my ballasts now. cheers