GOD DAMN IE7

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
My pc in its infinate wisdom had decided to update my Internet Explorer to version 7, in doing so now I cannot type an address into the address bar, i can actually type the address but when I hit enter, nothing happens!

I'm on win xp 64 in case anyone has a fix....

Here's your best resolution:

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add Remove Programs>IE7.

Worked on my machine - back on good old IE6, no problems:hi:

I know that one mate! Been there before.

Have a better solution now.... Google for Mozilla Firefox, installed it and it works MUCH MUCH better than IE!

yep. i always use firefox over ie !

I installed it and it made all my shortcuts dissapear on my desktop.

Plus I lost all my favourites and it wrecked my Half life game too.

I'm back on 6 now. I installed firefox but that is not perfect, on my computer anyway.

Microsoft seem to release things too soon recently.

had the same problem went straight to Firefox(version 2) problem solved

i was using firefox on my old pc as i was running XP Home and wireless broadband on a desktop running 64meg of ram

firefox ran 1,000,000 times faster in that situation (having the tabs rather than to browser windows before IE7 came out)

now running IE7 without problems but may switch back to Firefox v2.0 at some point

never got on with Thunderbird tho

you know its bad when microsoft update scans your PC and thinks that IE7 is a critical update !
No thank you very much Mr Gates

It works fine on XP32, I don't have XP32, I have XP64, when you type an address in the address bar, it wont find it, it does sweet FA

right click My Computer and then Properties. Most likely its XP32

I've noticed that IE7 seems to randomly open extra tabs all of its own. Very kind of it.