1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Go Compare? Go take a running jump!

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Sky Insurance' started by heeman10, Sep 23, 2010.

1. heeman10

heeman10 Audi driver since Dec 08

The cheapest quote they provided me with was £600 more than I'm paying now, the dearest was £1,800 more. Audi's quote was £800 more. Think I'll stay put!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. skyinsurance

skyinsurance Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor

From what I have seen and read, the price comparison sites are going down hill.. a lot of people are now preferring the personal touch servie of high street brokers.

4. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Go directly to the company website will be cheaper than on a comparison site.

5. PetrolAholic

PetrolAholic Member

Try Admiral, they are insuring my RS4 for £860, PS i'm 24 with full no claims been driving since 17 and 2 weeks lol

6. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Lucky or what! Thats a good price aswell. I'm 20 and work for admiral wont even insurer me on that car(not that i can afford one though) Or an B6/B7 S4. They will insure me on an 8P S3, B5 RS4 and C5 RS6 but not the other two till im over 21 lol.:(

7. PetrolAholic

PetrolAholic Member

They wouldnt insure me till I was 24, my birthday is the 2nd September... On the 3rd September guess what I bought...

Back to topic though I really would try calling Admiral, in the years I have been driving they havce always beaten any quote I got from other companies.

8. heeman10

heeman10 Audi driver since Dec 08

Okay, thanks for that. It doesn't help that I live in a bit of a crime hole at the moment and have to park either on the street or in an NCP car park. Scary, scary times. Can't wait for a garage again.

9. PetrolAholic

PetrolAholic Member

Blimey parking overnight in an NCP, must cost a small fortune!!!

Parking in a garage as opposed to driveway made no difference for my policy, so I just said driveway if I forget to put it in my garage!

10. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets
    VCDS Map User

admiral are doing be 1200 a year no volentry excess 22 years old 3years ncb 1 accident no convictions for the s3

11. parksdp

parksdp New Member

I got a good quote through Compare The Market and Budget Insurance was the cheapest at the time. Worth checking out, not sure if it will be cheaper going to them direct.