GNJ Motorsport Progress Thread - See Here For The Latest S3 Parts!

Love the way it sits. Makes wheels look bigger I think?..wonder what a sb would look like on them springs I'm tempted!

Reactions: GNJ_Motorsport
Sits nice and level that tbh compared to the other pictures so must have settled since.

Reactions: GNJ_Motorsport
Quick pic during development at Cobra Sport. Good to see they have the 8V system out there early on. Be interesting to see what people make of the system once it is all done with videos etc. The first draft of the system is done now, should be back with us in a couple of weeks.

10259785_10152344019256418_2971064168292826362_n.jpg

Reactions: RYuill, T-800, 5pot and 3 others
The tailpipes the s3 should have had!

This system will come with matt black tips as an option. I will ask them to fit some for you all to see.

We are proud to be Cobra Sports biggest selling dealer so we immediately got it booked for development after the car was ordered :)

I will post more as and when we get more pics and videos.

I feel I might have christmas present to me. A nice cat back system with black tips if the price isn't too ridiculous :yes:

Price wise these will be cheaper than the Milltek, Scorpion etc without being so cheap that quality is questionable.

They are made from the same stainless steel other manufacturers use with stainless flanges (some use mild steel flanges!) Cobra stuff tends to just be a bit more reasonably priced.

I'll release prices as soon as we know them, probably in 3 weeks.

They will also be releaseing one of their 'Venom' systems which is basically a system with a smaller centre silencer and no rear box for those that want to be heard :)

Does the cobra system incorporate the exhaust flaps that the standard s3 exhaust uses on the outer pipes?

No, they have bypassed them.

I know some of the aftermarket systems have developed them but they come at a price, a price both myself and the guys at Cobra think is a bit of a waste of money to be perfectly honest. It is very much going to be a traditional 3" turbo back stainless steel system.

I expect it will retail at around £1k for the non res de cat system including VAT but don't hold me to that. I can't wait to hear it, we fit a lot of Cobra Sport systems in house and they always sound fantastic.

No, they have bypassed them.

I know some of the aftermarket systems have developed them but they come at a price, a price both myself and the guys at Cobra think is a bit of a waste of money to be perfectly honest. It is very much going to be a traditional 3" turbo back stainless steel system.

I expect it will retail at around £1k for the non res de cat system including VAT but don't hold me to that. I can't wait to hear it, we fit a lot of Cobra Sport systems in house and they always sound fantastic.

How have they bypassed them?

Just blanked them off I presume.

Most the aftermarket systems for the 8P and other cars that have the flaps as standard just bypass them/blank them off. Recently a lot have been fitting them on aftermarket systems.

I think the aftermarket exhaust manufacturers should be going the other way and trying to get some sort of valve to integrate with the ADS system.

I'm guessing it's only a servo type of thing but the problem would be different flaps and mounting and I guess that's where the bigger cost comes in.

Scorpion still have my catback for this very purpose ;)

But again cost will increase no doubt.

Reactions: pat15312
If cost is an issue (which really shouldn't be for people buying a car which costs a minimum of £30,000) then offer a system with or without ADS compatibility. Exhaust manufacturers need to be aware that they can't just flog bent and welded stainless steel pipes anymore; things have moved on.

The cost isn't a problem to most. If you spend £1000+ on an exhaust what's an extra £200-£300? I'm just gonna pick one from reviews I read and the sound I can hear from videos. Flaps or no flaps doesn't matter.

Reactions: J6YAK and RYuill
If cost is an issue (which really shouldn't be for people buying a car which costs a minimum of £30,000) then offer a system with or without ADS compatibility. Exhaust manufacturers need to be aware that they can't just flog bent and welded stainless steel pipes anymore; things have moved on.

I'm not suggesting cost will be an issue for most S3 owners. Lets remember though that people will be modifying these cars for years to come and most of the modifying will start in a few years when warranties run out. Someone buying one at £15k in a few years will almost certainly have a different view to cost to the people that have been able to buy them at £30k+.

Yes, most rivals seem to be developing them with an option for the valves to be there. Maybe Cobra will have a look at this in future but for now it won't be an option. Plenty of options out there for people who do want them.

I know I have taken a number of calls from S3 owners since we posted pics of the Cobra system online and opinion seems to be split on whether they want valves or not. One guy completely dismissed them as pointless, another said he won't buy a system without them :)

We will also have the Milltek and Scorpion system available, not just the Cobra Sport :)

What is the final spacer widths that you've fitted? The thread says 12mm front and 20mm rear, however on your website you're offering 15mm TPI spacers for the front and 20mm TPI spacers for the rear.

If you order locking wheel bolts with the spacers are all four 20mm longer or are two 15mm longer and two 20mm longer? I assume the locking bolt key will be the same for all four locking wheel bolts?

Reactions: Fiddie
No updates in here for a while as we have been unbelievably busy this summer which is obviously a good thing for us.

I do have an update on the car though and probably not one you'd expect but the car is being sold :( I'm gutted to see it go but even I will say there are things in life more important than a car. I have just bought a house with my other half and we want to spend a large amount of money renovating it over the next couple of years. We also have a Beagle puppy and plan to get another soon so we could do with an estate car really!

I also still have my 2007 E92 335i sat doing nothing so I'm going to keep and tune that as a bit of a cheaper alternative to the S3.

I have stripped all the mods from the car which can be found available here

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/index....ntercooler-springs-spacers-tuning-box.224936/

I haven't been on here for a while properly for a few reasons, we've been changing things a lot from a business point of view as we go forward which I'll update everyone on in due course once we have completed our move to new, bigger premises in a few weeks.

Mainly though, the lack of posts in this thread are down to the fact I sold the car back in September. I found the car to have one or 2 flaws that meant when the deal was on the table to sell the car for good money I jumped at the chance. We had the brilliant black paint on the 3 door and it was absolutely shocking to say the least. The slightest touch would scratch, swirl and mark the paint. So the car was sold. I have had a few black cars and I know they are hard to keep right but this was just silly.

Not giving up on the S3 though as there were things about the car I thought to be absolutely outstanding, so I have a saloon on order which will arrive in late March. Having spoke to my detailer he re-assured me I could go for the metalic Mythos black and it would be far better than the not so brilliant black.

Spec:

Saloon
S-Tronic (thought I'd try it as opposed to the manual 3 door)
Black pack
Mythos Black Metalic
B&O
Black leather
Interior light pack
Sat nav
Privacy glass

I'll start a new progress thread when it arrives but just thought I'd update this thread for now on what happened to our S3 demo car as we get phone calls almost daily from member who assume we still have it :)

Mods wise we will be doing similar but I think we will leave the exhaust and intercooler and stick to the FSR box and probably get some nice wheels and suspension on there :)

Reactions: Wondering Soul, Ben Daniel Grant and ABYSS
I haven't been on here for a while properly for a few reasons, we've been changing things a lot from a business point of view as we go forward which I'll update everyone on in due course once we have completed our move to new, bigger premises in a few weeks.

Mainly though, the lack of posts in this thread are down to the fact I sold the car back in September. I found the car to have one or 2 flaws that meant when the deal was on the table to sell the car for good money I jumped at the chance. We had the brilliant black paint on the 3 door and it was absolutely shocking to say the least. The slightest touch would scratch, swirl and mark the paint. So the car was sold. I have had a few black cars and I know they are hard to keep right but this was just silly.

Not giving up on the S3 though as there were things about the car I thought to be absolutely outstanding, so I have a saloon on order which will arrive in late March. Having spoke to my detailer he re-assured me I could go for the metalic Mythos black and it would be far better than the not so brilliant black.

Spec:

Saloon
S-Tronic (thought I'd try it as opposed to the manual 3 door)
Black pack
Mythos Black Metalic
B&O
Black leather
Interior light pack
Sat nav
Privacy glass

I'll start a new progress thread when it arrives but just thought I'd update this thread for now on what happened to our S3 demo car as we get phone calls almost daily from member who assume we still have it :)

Mods wise we will be doing similar but I think we will leave the exhaust and intercooler and stick to the FSR box and probably get some nice wheels and suspension on there :)
Can't wait to hear about this when you pick it up later this month as thats almost exactly my spec ! :) have to say that I was a bit cautious about getting the S-Tronic (first I've had!) but am really happy with it! Shift speed under heavy acceleration is very impressive, makes a nice pop now and then through the high revs too.

Really looking forward to seeing what you've got planned for it !