1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glowing Cat?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Big_Dave, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Big_Dave

Big_Dave Member

Just been and had the codes read as for the last couple of weeks the wifes car has been running crap! Eml was on and the only codes showing were for multiple misfires, these codes were cleaned and a quick drive round then checked again, same codes but as we were looking under the bonnet my mate noticed the cat starting to glow red! This obviously ain't good! Recon this could be part of the running issues? It's already been back to audi for the coils and I've got set of plugs on order!

--
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  2. quattro tony

quattro tony Member

Glowing cat is certainly not good, sounds like unburnt fuel is getting into the cat. Most likely wont do it any good. First off more details of the car would help, eng? , year? did you get all the coils replaced previously? they seem to be probem.
  3. Big_Dave

Big_Dave Member

It's a 2005 1.8t cab, had coils replaced in august. Got it booked in for cat doing on fri, might be getting closer to finding the main issue of poor running.

---
  4. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

had a customer with a fiesta zetec 1.25 who had a glowing cat and when we took it off the insides had collapsed and blocking it causing heat to be trapped
  5. Big_Dave

Big_Dave Member

Well dropped car of at my mates garage, tomorrow he's gunna take a look at the cat first then he's servicing it and then taking it out for a live mapping session so fingers crossed he might find something! I shall let u know how it goes!
  6. BlackQuat

BlackQuat Active Member

If the cats knackered. Don't get it mapped until it's either been hollowed out or replaced.