1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glow Plug Light Flasjing and lots more problems

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C6 Chassis)' started by hazey7, May 9, 2013.

1. hazey7

hazey7 Member

[May 9, 2013]
    Just thought I'd pass on the knowledge from my cars latest wobbler:

My 3.0 TDI had a little fit whilst out on the road, power was limited, glow plug light started flashing. Went home parked up and looked on the net for advice. Found no specific answers, some people said its a symptom of the turbo on the way out.... Went back to the car a day or two later and started off....holy sh1t, what a mess, wouldn't change gear automatically, only via paddles, ABS light came on, ESP light came on and when I stopped I couldnt get the key out!

Got an appointment with a superb indy Audi garage who reckoned these were all symptoms of fluctuating voltage due to a duff battery. he was right, replaced the battery, reset thousands of faults and away she went good as new..... phew, a relatively inexpensive outcome.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. gen.heinz guderian

gen.heinz guderian Well-Known Member Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[May 9, 2013]
    Nice cheap fix then, batteries play hell with modern electrics when they start to wearout.
  4. gupsterg

gupsterg Active Member

[May 9, 2013]
    OMG! glad I changed my battery earlier this year :yes: ... it looked original factory fitted one, so I guess roughly 8 yrs old :huh:...
  5. hazey7

hazey7 Member

[May 14, 2013]
    Yeah, mines 6 years old now. They also don't like being sat doing nothing for a few weeks.