1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

glovebox problem

Jonny 2.0T Jan 18, 2012

1. Jonny 2.0T

Jonny 2.0T Member

Hello everyone,

Firstly i'm new to this site, so i apologise if this thread has already been posted before, but i recently bought an A3, and the glove box left hinge has totally snapped away, does anybody have any ideas or how i can solve this without dealing with audi direct?

Many thanks

2. jrsteeve

jrsteeve Member

Same for me, snapped it just last week and i'm trying to sell the bloody car! From what I can see it's possible to fix it but difficult to make look pretty. Seen replacement panels for £60-£70 on ebay, but would rather not spend quite so much just because of a bit of plastic!

3. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Its not a part you'll be able to buy seperately so the only options are breakers yard or eBay. You're probably going to have to buy the full glovebox as I can't see people parting with the hinge - if it can even be detached?

4. BBlackburn

BBlackburn Member

A lot of people have fixed there's with sikaflex or other ingenious ways it can be done without buying a new glovebox.

5. jrsteeve

jrsteeve Member

Hope so! Gonna give the adhesive option a go at the weekend.