1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glovebox ipod connecter help?

Peterhendo May 3, 2013

1. Peterhendo

Peterhendo Member

image.jpg Okay so i put the ipod into this put it falls out wen driving and it doesent even work anyways do i need a cable or anything??

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Does the connector line up ok & assume you're pressing cd on head unit to play?

3. Peterhendo

Peterhendo Member

It goes in but is fairly loose wen i accelerate or brake it falls out and yes pressing cd tried every button nothing happens

4. S3AMK20VT

S3AMK20VT Member

"do you need a cable" you mean the one that connects the ipod to back of the headunit? YES

5. Peterhendo

Peterhendo Member

I mean like put one end of cable into the ipod then plug that onto the connector in glovebox

6. S3AMK20VT

S3AMK20VT Member

and the connector in the glovebox is connected to the back of the deck?

7. phil_w

phil_w Active Member VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group Team Brill Red

Regards the falling out bit - from the factory different little plastic adapters came in a bag that were to add pressure fit to different models of iPod - you've got one inserted in the front of the photo which is probably for a thicker, older model.

Could just be faulty unit for the other issue, or no connection from the rear to headunit but I'm sure that would be peculiar...

8. phil_w

phil_w Active Member VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group Team Brill Red

Forgot to ask what iPod you are plugging in?

9. Peterhendo

Peterhendo Member

Yea back of the deck and its the old ipod video

10. phil_w

Ipod video should be fine - it's the newer ones that can't be charged etc with that style of iPod adapter

11. phil_w

Difficulty is that when its in the slot you can't see the screen to tell if the iPod is doing anything. A successfull plug-in results in the audi logo appearing on the iPod screen. An iPod extension cable would be the way to check that out but sounds to me like a duff audi iPod prep

12. A3Kent

A3Kent Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi A3 S-line owners group TDi

Get an iPod extension cable off eBay for next to nothing, that's what I had when I had that iPod connection before I changed it to AMI. Make sure it passes audio though as there are lots of data only ones on eBay.