Glovebox Broken?

K-Dash

Reaction score
Hi,

I have searched ASN but can't find much to help.

My glovebox, when opened, drops very quickly which I guess is a problem with the spring mechanism.

Has anyone else had this problem or is there a guide somewhere on how to remove the glovebox "hatch"? as I can't work it out.

Many Thank yous'

hey k-dash,

if you want to remove your glovebox theres 7 bolts in total (or 2 bolts and 5 torx screws) to access them all you have to remove the side panel of the dash from the passenger side (the fusebox panel) and you will expose a bolt

under the glovebox itself are 2 torx (or bolts sorry its been a while) on the body of the glovebox just after the opening of the hatch the other 4 are inside the glovebox

opening the hatch run your fingers along the top lip where the hatch shuts for 3 torx/bolts and the final one is at the back just below the glovebox light (which i cant remember if it is necessary to remove but i remember taking it out)

when you begin to take the glovebox out slowly lower it as you will have to detach the lights cable

Its the plastic clutch/mechanism on the left hand side of the glovebox has snapped, this basically is the plastic part that makes it open slowly, but check it 1st by removing the side plastic trim to the left of the glovebox that allows you to see with a small torch the whole assembly, its the side part that the door covers up when closed, just clips of the side easily, you can buy a new part for that, no need for new glovebox or repair as I did, works 100% since repaired, wont break again for sure, I superglued the parts back together 1st then epoxied round the joints so it was strengthened

I actually also removed some of the glovebox squeaks at same time when I epoxied the glovebox seals which are coated in a kinda felt material where the glovebox parts are joined together in the parts you cant see when its in place, the seams did squeak a bit but epoxy holds them firm together so no movement thus no more squeaks, result

Cheers guys.

I will let you know how i get on.

hey all, i have the exact same problem, the latch has snapped and when i went to the dealers, they said that i'd have to change the whole lid part (very expensive) so I'm looking for maybe a step by step guide as to what I can do to fix the latch myself, something like NHN has done...

NHN, could you maybe give us a thorough guide as to what you used and what you did? Much appreciated mate.

Thanks