1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glove Box - broken catch in handle on lid

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Penny Richmond, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Penny Richmond

Penny Richmond New Member

[Oct 5, 2010]
    I have an AudiA4 Sport TDi Estate Diesel - Sep 2004. The passenger glove box handle has broken.
    I managed to open it by inserting screw driver in catch hole - the catches either side of the box are intact. Is there a way of getting the glove box off and replacing the catch?
    I've undone the 2 bolts underneath either side of the glove box - but no success. Don't know if I can get a 2nd hand glove box if whole thing has to be replaced - but if I can - is it easy to replace - and how please?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 17, 2014]

3. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

[Oct 5, 2010]
    hi mate there are 5 scews holding it in 2 undern it and 3 inside at the front then it just drops out Q.james has put a post up on how to fix
    this problem if you cant find it im sure he will pop in with it soon ;-)
  4. Penny Richmond

[Oct 5, 2010]
    Thank you - Have now found the ones inside at the front.
    Q.james - if you have a post on how to fix - would be grateful. Am I able to get a part for the white catch bit which is broken - or do I have to replace the whole glove box?
  5. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

[Oct 5, 2010]
    i think you can just get the catch mate
  6. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

[Oct 5, 2010]
  7. Penny Richmond

[Oct 5, 2010]
    Thank you - is there such a thing as a parts list published for AudiA4 Sport TDi Estate Diesel - Sep 2004 anywhere do you know?
  8. Penny Richmond

[Oct 5, 2010]
    Thank you - I'll have a look at this and let you know how I get on. Many thanks.
  9. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

[Oct 5, 2010]
    I'm not sure if there is a direct list as such but if you go to an Audi dealership and go to the Parts desk and explain to them what your after they can normally print off a sheet with the images and parts details on it - pretty useful - normally they do this when your strugling to identify a part so you can go away and explore and pin point it - i've had a few for confusing engine parts (they don't cost anything)
  10. Penny Richmond

[Oct 5, 2010]
    Great - thanks - will go to dealership and see if they can print a list out for me.
  11. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

[Oct 5, 2010]
    Does this help? Its the 3 part numbesr for the catch due to colour. Dead easy to change. Think it cost me around £18 for the unit from stealers...
    Im sure if you explain to the parts guy he'll give you correct for the colour you need!!!:salute:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  12. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

13. vincenzo_2k

vincenzo_2k New Member

[Oct 9, 2010]
    If anyone doesnt know: when my glovebox catch broke, I was able to prise the side panel by passenger door quite easily and push in a catch there that released the glovebox door. Think I got that bit of know how from someone on this helpful site or one other.
    My glovebox has been broke for a long while now, still havent got around to fixing it yet...but just thinking now about having a glovebox door that worked..that would be nice ;-)