1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

glove box and air bag switch

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by 205man, Sep 22, 2012.

1. 205man

205man Active Member

im going to take my glovebox today as im tryign to find the annoying rattle/vibration noise behind the dash. But my glovebox has an airbag switch in it can i safely remove the glovebox with the switch still connected or should i disconnect the battery then wait abit before starting the job?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. brasiliangringo

Disconnecting the battery is always a good place to start but in reality not going to do harm if you don't - you will only throw a code if you disconnect the key switch with the battery still plugged in (may only be when ignition on in fact) so you would need the abiity to clear the airbag light. I would try to disconnect the switch to allow more room (its not difficult) or you can unscrew the switch and housing from the glove box if memory serves me correctly.

4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

As long as the ignition is off and not switched on while it's disconnected , it won't throw a code

5. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics
    Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon Audi S8 TDi

What he said.

It be fine.

6. 205man

205man Active Member

cheers guys all sorted think a combination of hard suspension and time had made few mounting bolts of various thins come loose.

lol i wasnt so much worried about it throwing up a code as i could sort that, it was more the case of pulling it apart whilst my head was near the air bag and it going off or something