1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GLASGOW AUDI "Problems"

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by barrym381, May 13, 2013.

1. barrym381

barrym381 Member

car was in glasgow audi last week for new coil-pack while they are doing the work i get a call saying the cat on the car was damaged an would i like to pay them 1500quid to have it sorted :wtf: so i take it to a mates garage after leaving audi to get him to check it only to find no damage what so ever :ermm:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
  2. davc

davc Foursprung Duck Technik

That's typical, wouldn't expect anything less from them.
  3. Furkz

Furkz Active Member

go back get a written quote, sue them or get a new car out of court settlement :salute:
  4. enoliver

enoliver Member

I would certainly ask them to detail, in writing what damage they have found, then, depending on what they say, I would ask someone like the AA or RAC to examine it, and provide a report on their findings. I would then go back and create a stink, telling them that you will report it to trading standards, and the press. See what they come up with.
  5. barrym381

barrym381 Member

i have already got them to stick it in writing an give me a quote to repair an they want 1537.96 to replace the cat that has no damage as they said it had a big dent on it but its not even got a scratch
  6. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This is good advice. And in the meantime, until you have allowed Glasgow Audi the right to reply, you really should alter the title of this thread, which is potentially libellous.
  7. barrym381

barrym381 Member

so a week an a bit after i 1st made them aware of this is not enough time for them to reply
  8. jdp1962

Probably yes, but the title is still potentially libellous. Anyway, when I talked about the right of reply I wasn't referring to Glasgow Audi replying to you asking them what they thought was wrong with the car. I was referring to them having the right to reply on this forum to your very public accusation that they have attempted to defraud you.
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  9. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

Please change the title Barry or i will have to remove the thread
    Audi Dynamik likes this.
  10. Administrators

Administrators Administrator Staff Member Administrator

He can't edit it, so I have untill someone can suggest a better one :) (that was correct Jason)
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  11. barrym381

barrym381 Member

12. Audi Dynamik

Audi Dynamik Well-Known Member

You have to be 100% sure before making accusations though.
    If so phone Watchdog !
  13. jdp1962

Who knows why those threads weren't identified as being problematic, but they don't validate your initial title. Two wrongs don't make a right. So instead of trying to find other examples of potential libel that weren't picked up, you should really be thanking Sandra for spotting yours and getting it made safe.
  14. barrym381

barrym381 Member

i am 100% sure as we have had it checked now by 2 different indys an both have said it is not got a mark on it an have taken photos for me
  15. barrym381

barrym381 Member

i see what you an sandra are also sayin an thanks but they have bold as brass tried to take 1500quid for work not needed same as they quoted me an another member from here different prices for the same work on the same type of car
  16. jdp1962

The most important thing is that you got a second opinion and didn't spend the money. :beerchug:
  17. barrym381

barrym381 Member

and i would recommend ppl do the same if thats the tricks there up to
  18. Artimus

Artimus Short Back

just playing Devil's advocate here, but do you have any before pictures? what if they'd already changed it, hoping you would say "go ahead", before it filtered back to the techs that you said "no" and decided then to leave it on rather than take it back off?

;)
  19. davc

davc Foursprung Duck Technik

If they were a charity then maybe yes but I would very much doubt that. Like any garage they wouldn't fit anything without the owner's prior approval to go ahead with the work.

Unfortunately this dealership is well known round these parts for doing this sort of thing. I personally know of quite a few people who've experienced the same sort of treatment and who like the OP were wise to get a second opinion.

I could also name another huge dealership who do exactly the same thing. My mate works for them and some of the stories I hear about customers getting ripped off is despicable.

A lot of the time they fit parts which aren't needed in the first place, bill the customer, whilst at the same time the parts are removed to be used elsewhere.
  20. Artimus

Artimus Short Back

okay, it was just a suggested possibility, and I'm sure the OP knows his local dealer better than me. My car will be getting its first service under my ownership in a few weeks and it's a situation I'll be monitoring intensely. :)
  21. barrym381

barrym381 Member

glad some1 also knows about the tricks this dealer tries to get up to
  22. miw615

miw615 Member

Reading all these comments regarding a main dealer it's no wonder why owners go to known Independants for their repairs. I've been in the motor trade for 36 years (now retired) and am pleased to say never had this sort of thing happen where I worked, but sadly it does go on - no wonder the motor trade has a "bad name"