Give me a 8p back end any day!

RobbieWebs

Reaction score
Been reading on the 8v forum about everyone and their new cars thinking I'd get one next year.
But after driving down to Glasgow and following one for 30 miles all I could think about is the 8v's back end looks like an A1.
Anyone else think the same?
Put me off it tbh and made me apprieciate the 8p's back end as it looks miles better!
Il be keeping mine a few years yet :)

yes yes totally agree, 8P3 looks 100% better IMO.
Had the 8V the other day, pretty fun to drive though. Interior i liked very much especially the middle control system similar to the bmw i-drive and wow the screen that pops up and down - found the button that manually makes the screen go up and down, needless to say i was kept occupied for hours :$
Looks FUGLY from the rear though, side looks pretty good, and front is meh looks like an a4.

Reactions: RobbieWebs
I had a look at one in the showroom last week.
The interior is lush, very upto date.
I liked the front and the sides as well.
Boot space seemed smaller but I wasn't worried too much.
But I'm sure no one can deny the 8p has a tidy ar$e on it lol :)

The S3 has got worse looking in each iteration IMO.

The 8V does just look like a big A1, not a great looking car at all.

Even the 8P wasnt a great step forward - with the 8L there were far more visual differences between the standard and S versions.

Rs3 back end is the best but i went for full s line as my car can not ever be a rs3 or even an s3 but s line it can be

yup the 8p 3 door a love mines, dont like the new s3 shape much at all :(

sportback looks pretty smart. saw one yesterday really liked the back, front not so much :D

I've gotta admit, I haven't warmed to the 8V shape yet. Which is a bit annoying as I think I'll chop my S3 in for a new S3 when the time comes! Perhaps that SQ5 will end up on my driveway after all...!

Theres a red 8V ive seen on air ride and has rotiform wheels and tbh that one looks amazing ive only seen pics if i find one ill upload it

I've noticed that they seem to be making them look very similar to each other, like people say A3 looks like a blown up A1

Pity they can't make them look a bit different to each other,

Look at the new S3 quite bland looking and they all seem to have similar back lights (New Golf, Seat & Audi)

The only plus side is the new interior, looks quite stunning !!

a prefer the interior in the 8p better ano most ppl think its dated but think it suits it, the new a3 a think it looks too similar to bmw, apart from the seats they look amazing!

Give it a few years and you'll all love the 8v IMO. I've seen a few and funnily enough like someone already posted saw a red one and it looked really nice. One thing I'm not sure about is the rear tail lights are angled the "wrong" way.

Reactions: batch