1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GIAC maps for 2.0TFSI (197BHP)

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by akash_sky1, May 24, 2010.

1. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

[May 24, 2010]
    Hi was at Crail Drag strip at the weekend..had an amazin day, want to go back asap :-D
    A good 7-8 cars and 2 bikes in our group, from S3 MTM to a Focus RS and Yahama R6.

After racing against similarly tuned cars - mk1 Cupra R with about 280bhp, an APR mk6 GTI DSG with a rollered 270.
    After about 65-70 both easily pulled me once my traction advantage was lost. The Golf's DSG obviously gave it a big advantage also.
    Part of the problem I found after I managed to get half decent launches was shifting quickly- the longish throw of the non-s3 shift was a hindrance, and my synchros were a bit sticky in 2nd/3rd.

However I do not think my map is getting the best out of my engine + mods, as I had already presumed.
    Can easily hit 60 in the high 5s but once in 4th it definately needs more tails off a lot.
    Looking at my time slip again only got a 14.7 on the 1/4 mile and best trap speed of 95 mph.
    My £300 celtic map is can be improved upon clearly as its only a generic off the shelf stg1.

As you can see I have a GIAC Flashloader, and want to get it mapped soon. They have many different maps for my engine depending on your spec/mods.
    First i am going to try run a map without a HPFP and see how it goes, with Stattler. Going to go for some runs with Steve i think while he takes some logs and see what he thinks of it currently.

Was wondering what people's experiences of GIAC are on this engine, and if anyone's had theirs roller'd or on the 1/4 mile ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 20, 2014]

3. Muneeb S3

Muneeb S3 Member

[May 25, 2010]
    I would get the HPFP first as it makes a huge difference. Seems pointless waiting when you are going to end up getting the fuel pump done.

BTW...Crail was an awesome day!
  4. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

[May 25, 2010]
    BTW...you must have drove past my car today parked up. Seen yours on Queen st..you got it washed already?! Mine was outside Oko Express, with No 28 still on the window lol. yes indeed Crail was sikkkkk.
    Im going to get the map/s first, see how they improve on this, new maps for when I add the pump are only £30 extra, and i;ve got the flashloader.
  5. Muneeb S3

Muneeb S3 Member

[May 25, 2010]
    I did drive past you and also a very nice white Mk5 GTI which was parked behind you. Was in one up in royal exchange square. Cars not washed and is very filthy but took the number off the window as soon as I left crail as couldn't be bothered with any getting any hassle from the pigs.

If I had your number, which I have now, I would have called you last night.
  6. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

[May 25, 2010]
    was so bored today at work hardly any patients..just spent ages on Crail Website looking at all our times lol. Want to go back again this summer after I got GIACs latest handywork
  7. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

[May 26, 2010]
    So there must be some people on here who GIAC'd there 2.0TFSI ? I know atleast one person has but can't remember their username?
  8. antmax7

antmax7 Member

[May 26, 2010]
    members name is leach76 fella
  9. oldlaw

oldlaw Member

[May 26, 2010]
    I had mine done 3 year ago!