1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GIAC introduces Flashing and Switching for the nDBW B5 A4

docurley Jul 22, 2008

1. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

On my never ending hunts around the net for info I came across this from GIAC (who are one of the biggest software tuners in the USA) and they are now doing chipping through the OBD port on the older car which as some of you know getting your car chipped can be a pain.

Anyway here's a bit of info on the subject and buy the way there is a Main GIAC dealer in Southampton with some other around the country.

I may use them to do my ECU as they can use the current USA PC16 file as a base map for my Hybrid K04 and then fine tune it when I get down there for a rolling road session.

Cost is £350 for a custom remap but this will be done live on the roller so no need to pop the chip out and re-weld a new chip in each time.

2. Z82

Z82 Member

Sounds like good news :)

3. joost

joost Active Member

Am I right in thinking this would only work on the post '97 models? Pre '97 they were OBD1 IIRC?

4. docurley

I would contact the UK agent and see what he has to say.

5. PaulJC84

PaulJC84 Owner

I wonder why its taken so long for these.

6. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

it hasn't, they just have pants support and marketing!
    star performance (Fife) are a Giac dealer.

if you check out the core US tuners for 20v hybrid turbo applications they probably come third or fourth after Unitronic, Revo, APR, followed by Tapp Auto who cover BT pre-DBW Audi's specifically.

sooner they sort out their Euro distribution the better!

7. PaulJC84

PaulJC84 Owner

I was meaning the flash for older ecu types as I thought this was a new thing they had developed as over here before all the others could not flash either. They all had to resolder a new chip on.

8. docurley

THats what I had to have done as I was informed it was a one flash chip.

9. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Hmm How strange, its our chips that limit the amount of flashes etc, Ours are once only ROM. You need a chip with an "r" on it iirc to be re flashable.
    Also we only have me5 and i am sure we need at least me7 for it to reflashable

I am curios now......

10. docurley

Thought you might be.:eyebrows:

11. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Where is it on the GIAC site?

12. docurley

Links all in the top thread