GIAC Hammer Booked!

About ****** time too, enjoy it mate :)

Personally I was impressed with both Statller and Prosport, plus Revo and GIAC are both superb software so you can't go wrong, roll on Saturday Dude :)

WoooWhooo!

Thats it , if i was paying the VAT and there were no " specials " on the select plus , it's about £850 worth of gear and with a few RR runs thrown in!:yum:

p

Good lad good lad.. I am getting my Select + switch next week now there is an offer. My dealer is sorting me out (even though I had the software done 3 months ago)..
Enjoy mate and look forward to seeing the results..;)

Damm forum's, cost you a fortune. I've been toying with the idea of a remap for some time now but just needed that final push. This thread got me thinking again and I popped into my local REVO dealer, APD in Poole, for a quick chat about the options. Well that was that, ended up driving away with the free trial.

I've just been out for a good thrashing and WOW, what a difference. I now see what you all mean by "this is how an S3 should be". Lots more power that's smooth and really pushes you into the back of the seat when you've got it cooking. Basically, really impressed with it and enjoyed the car as if it were new all over again.

Well roll on tomorrow, 'cause I'm going straight back for the permanent map!

Phantom, get it done, you won't regret it!

I'll do a full write up tomorrow - but my newly REVO'd car made 342bhp and 344lb/ft on the dyno today. YOU HAVE MADE THE RIGHT MOVE LEON - that's all I'll say for now .... watch this space tomorrow: I'll post all graphs/readouts and full write up. I'm still shaking too much from the 260 mile trip back to do it justice now.

I'll do a full write up tomorrow - but my newly REVO'd car made 342bhp and 344lb/ft on the dyno today. YOU HAVE MADE THE RIGHT MOVE LEON - that's all I'll say for now .... watch this space tomorrow: I'll post all graphs/readouts and full write up. I'm still shaking too much from the 260 mile trip back to do it justice now.

Awesome iggu, was that with the miltek too?

Awesome iggu, was that with the miltek too?

I've got 4 graphs to post:

REVO + Milltek + Forge CAI = 342bhp/344lbft
REVO + Forge + OEM exhaust = 322bhp/335lbft

AmD (and Rabbit222) reckon the Forge is good for 8bhp - no imapct on torque.

that sounds about right then mate, it would have been around 314 with the standard car then. i take it you had no fueling issues on the way back home either?

Iggu,

That's wicked mate - you must be well chuffed!
20 ponies and another 9lb's from the exhaust... that's pretty good going hey!
Have you gone turbo back on the exhaust????
Glad you're happy mate.

Iggu,

That's wicked mate - you must be well chuffed!
20 ponies and another 9lb's from the exhaust... that's pretty good going hey!
Have you gone turbo back on the exhaust????
Glad you're happy mate.

Thanks jamie - not sure I'll sleep tonight. Yeah went for the full googlies - turbo back, cat, 80mm Special tips and uprated engine mounts.

I was going to ask what tips you went for... Specials are the best, though Big Andy's Jet tips in black suit his car.
Fancy sticking your car on the rollers at Regal to square up to all the oterh 8P's???

Nice one, sounds like a weapon with all those bolt on goodies as well as the remap :)

"REVO - Does exactly what it says on the tin."

Ask the guy who in the M3 who tried to catch me on the A19 yesterday morning.........:whistle2::busted_cop:

cheers
Paul

Great stuff , i cant wait!

Did you go for the select or select + mate?

Thanks

leon

Good gains there,what made you upgrade the engine mounts?

I read somewhere that upgraded engine mounts are recommended if you have a full turbo back exhaust and re-map,all that extra power obviously puts a strain on the OE ones. A few guys on here have done it.

Which ones did you go for,Iggu?

Oh dear, I'm beginning to wish I hadn't read this thread, as I'd convinced myself not to get a remap at the moment :rolleyes:! Decisions, decisions....

Phil

Ha ha ha I knew this was going to happen Phil...
"I told you so!"
:eyebrows:

Yeah, I know, I'm just week willed when it comes to cars :banghead:. I'm now pondering the Revo option, although the GIAC offer from Regal is still tempting :) !

Phil

Argggh. Now you make me want to get mine remapped. ***

Is revo better than GIAC? I'm quite hard on the car sometimes, also I don't want to make any other mods other than a remap. Which would suit me?

PS I dnt ever want the dealer to find out.

David

Is revo better than GIAC? I'm quite hard on the car sometimes, also I don't want to make any other mods other than a remap. Which would suit me?

David

The REVO map is quite aggressive, probably feels even quicker than what it is.
Its certainly quenched my thirst for more power on the last 3 VAG motors Ive owned.
I have the boost switched slightly up (Setting 7) and it gives a real old school thump in the back power delivery.
Reminds me of my modded Reno 5 Turbo days, a complete giggle but without the lag and breaking down every 20 mins.
Go for it.

Paul

David

GIAC do claim total transparency to all dealer diagnostics plus they don't affect the flash counter when using the flashloader to switch between maps, I'm pretty sure you would be happy with either but my money would still go on GIAC.

Having investigated the prices a little further, I reckon that the GIAC Hammer with flashloader is about £60 cheaper than the Revo with Select switch, if I get it at the Regal RR day. So, a question to all the Revo users out there, is it worth an extra tank of V-Power :) !?

The other factor is that I live about 15 miles from Regal, but 30+ miles from a Revo dealer, and not necessarily one that is used regularly by anyone on here ;) .

I'm edging towards the GIAC, unless anyone can convince me of the relative merits of the Revo in the meantime...

Phil

^^^^For me the main reason i'm going with Revo is trust in my local dealer , and the fact he is 2miles away. driving 30 miles or more in limp mode musn't be much fun!

TBH theres not gonna be a lot in the two maps power and tourqe wise , and with Revo selling the select plus at £150 off at the moment ( with all the fine tuning which that opens up ) it just makes more sense to me.......unless you live near Regal and your going on the RR day.

I'll put up some plots of my car on saturday , just a Std car with a stage 1 Revo!

p

I think both Revo and GIAC seem to have very positive feedback from owners Phil - I'd go with what's easiest and best value at the time.

Like you transparancy was important to me and after chats with JonnyC and Chris at Regal the GIAC seemed right for me, no flash count and the fact the standard map is set as the latest version of Audi's standard software for the car sealed the deal really.

Thinking of getting the valet map at the RR day.... girlfriend screams when the boost comes on and she's driving.... :scared2:

Just rechecked my cost calculations, and realised that I was £100 out :redface:, so the GIAC is looking even better value than the Revo (despite an improved offer on the Revo/Select combo) ;) . Looks like I'll be going for the GIAC and practicality of having a dealer only 15 miles away...

Phil

Just rechecked my cost calculations, and realised that I was £100 out :redface:, so the GIAC is looking even better value than the Revo (despite an improved offer on the Revo/Select combo) ;) . Looks like I'll be going for the GIAC and practicality of having a dealer only 15 miles away...

Phil

Right, decision made.
Less talk, more spending!
When will we see another happy S3 owner with 300+bhp under his right foot? :):s3addict: