1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GIAC and Service Intervals

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by QuickNick, Apr 28, 2008.

1. QuickNick

QuickNick Member

[Apr 28, 2008]
    1) Car is booked in to be 'Hammered' on Friday :yes: Can't wait! I want to keep the car as standard as possible and wondered if anyone who's had their S3 remapped had upgraded anything else (ie DV's). I seem to remember reading a thread that recommended upgrading to a Forge DV if remapping? I don't want to turn the car into a Scooby wannabe, so not interested in exhausts etc!

2) Car is due first service in 500 miles (car's done 9500 miles). Is this 'just' an oil service? Is the panel filter (is this the air filter?) replaced too? How much should this cost?

Thanks in advance...
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Spin140

Spin140 Active Member

[Apr 28, 2008]
    The first service only consists of oil and filter.

I opted to have an extra oil and filter change (done by statller) purely because the car was 12 months old and doing short journeys.

Steve at statller will be able to advise further ref DV but the S3 has the updated one from VAG so will be fine plus if you swap this for a shiny forge item are you not advertising to the dealer you have made modifications ? Personally i'd leave it be unless you start experiencing issues with loss of boost.(unlikely)

Good luck for Friday mate - the drive home will be enjoyable :)