1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Vagcom

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by rashpal1, Mar 28, 2007.

1. rashpal1

rashpal1 Member

[Mar 28, 2007]
    Hi All,

I have just bought a RNS-E system to fit my 2002 A4. I need Vagcom to make changes such as Tyre size lhd/rhd etc.. Plus it would be useful for future use!

I'm a little confused as where to get Vagcom from. Can i just down load the shareware from Ross-Tech and then buy a cable off ebay and it will all work. Or is there more to it then this???

Please help

Pal
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. Uwe@Ross-Tech

Uwe@Ross-Tech Member

[Mar 28, 2007]
    That would be the least expensive way, but it can be frustating. The people who sell interfaces on eBay aren't know for providing much support. The other thing you need to factor into your calculations is the cost of a license -- the free shareware likely won't do everything you need.

The alternative is to buy an interface from the people who write the software (or one of their resellers in the UK). These come with full support and include the license for the software -- and unlike the eBay jobs, work with the latest version of VAG-COM.

-Uwe-
  4. rashpal1

rashpal1 Member

[Mar 28, 2007]
    Thought as much..
    Thanks Mate !
  5. spike

spike New Member

[Mar 28, 2007]
    If you'r planning to stay with Audi/VW group cars in the future then the genuine VagCom lead is future proof and a real investment. UK stockists are listed on the Ross Tech web site - I got mine from Gendan and they are highly recommended - see link
    http://www.gendan.co.uk/vag_diagnostics.php

Cheers Spike
  6. rashpal1

rashpal1 Member

[Mar 29, 2007]
    All i really want it for now is to make the changes to enable the RNS-E system from Symphony II..

Does any one know if this can be done with the shareware version?
  7. Sebastian

Sebastian Member

[Mar 29, 2007]
    Can't, since you need to tweak some adaptation channels - this requires a fully registered version.