1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting the Tech Pack discounted/free?

Stephen C Dec 30, 2013

1. Stephen C

Stephen C Active Member

From searching this forum and reading earlier threads, I understand that the technology pack was once offered for free. Has anyone managed to negotiate this even though the offer is no longer running (or at least lower the cost of the tech pack)?

I really want the larger, higher resolution screen - but £1,495 is a lot just for that!

2. lee_fr200

lee_fr200 Active Member

I do know at first the tech pack was 1k

3. StefRobinson

StefRobinson Active Member

I'm not aware that the Tech pack has ever been offered for free. The standard SD Satnav was offered as a free option when the car first launched. I got that free on mine but not the full Tech pack.

There are some better discounts available for ordering now it seems, now that the car has been out for a good few months. When Audi first started accepting orders before the car was actually released, a free Satnav upgrade was all that was really being offered, for me anyway.

4. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

Had ordered SD Nav. Told dealer I really wanted Tech Pack so he increased discount by another 2% . Result !

5. Cumbrian_bob

Cumbrian_bob Member

Keep adding options till you get to 100% discount

PilotAudi likes this.
  6. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member Team Cosmos quattro Audi A3 S-line owners group TDi DSG

Tech pack brings a lot more than just the screen size increase, including some element of extra resale value as well I expect.

7. the_lecht_rocks

the_lecht_rocks Well-Known Member

Got mine free in the deal.

8. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

I was told the opposite. Tech pack vs SD Nav will make little difference in 3 years time.. I wasn't convinced!

9. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member Team Cosmos quattro Audi A3 S-line owners group TDi DSG

Bigger screen I think will provide a bit of extra value compared to the standard one, maybe not the other stuff like the touchpad (though I find that more useful than I thought I would), HDD Jukebox, improved nav software (not sure what is improved about it but it says that!), traffic sign recognition (since I have lane assist too) etc

10. cemerson

Oh, and if you like to keep your sat nav up to date, they offer 5 free map updates (worth over £200 each if done at the dealers) with the tech pack.

11. steeve

steeve Well-Known Member TeamMisano Team Ibis Audi S3

I got mine for £280, as it was built and in stock so some options retrofitted but I wasn't bothered about the Tech Pack that was installed and they seem desperate to move stock, so don't always look to order.