Getting the old bus back today.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well chaps, finally getting the old bus back today and all issues have been sorted now along with a a few newer ones, hopefully it's good to go now and may get some problem free driving with it and living with it may become more pleasant.

My ever growing list of mods is getting nearer to being started now too.

Reactions: Molnboman
yep, just been out in it for a quick blat, and its a transformed car:cool::).
All isssues inc engine have been sorted, i thought it was good before but now it is brill, even the steering is spot on now , no vague or random locking up etc , but then they have just replace the whole steering rack assembly aswell, and i know that was going to be costly as the rack alone is over £1k plus vat plus the fitting etc so nearer £2k for that job , i hate to think what the final bill is for all this work, probably more than i paid for the car, but its under warranty so i cant complain.
It probably the only car i have had with a warranty that actually did what it said in the t&c's, anyway well chuffed at the moment , might just take it out again tonight for another blat:D

Don't feel sorry for them regarding final bill that £1k rack would have only cast vag about £150 and at real wage cost of I guess £20 an hour it's not gonna break the bank. Guess new engine ain't gonna be much more than 20% of audi retail cost either.