1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting rid of the Grey

jolly14 Oct 15, 2009

1. jolly14

jolly14 Member

Hi everyone,

I would like to cover the grey lower :puke2:part of my 03 1.8t avant but dont know what to do, do i have it sprayed or do i have skirts put over it, The car is i think ming blue any suggestions and photo's appreciated also i would like to get some after market rs4 bumpers.

thanks everyone

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  2. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

I would have it sprayed. What type spoiler would you be looking at .

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I think you can remove them fairly simply and spray them, there was a thread on here a year or so ago about a user who did it. I wish I could find it, but I wouldn't know where to start looking ... !

4. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... . VCDS Map User

Had my side grey skirts sprayed earlier in the year. There are a load of torx screw under the car - ~12/13. Then there are a similar number on the top - under the thin plastic cover which hides them - runs the length of both doors. And of course 2-3 in each wheel arch. Take your time very easy to come off.

My paintman put some plasticiser in the paint to make the paint more flexible and so resistant to cracking. Read this tip somewhere on this site!

Pictures of Before & After

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I think I said this at the time Woorlord, but your car looks :o.k:

6. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... . VCDS Map User

Thanks again James :happy:

7. technics100

technics100 Member

8. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

:think:...I left a reply on this thread lastnight bow its vanished!!!!

anyway if you have a good spray man then leave them on and get them sprayed.take the door grey's off though, easy enough - Saves scrathing the rest when fixing them back on.