1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting my replacement car next week

Sarah28 Jul 4, 2012

1. Sarah28

Sarah28 Member

I will be picking my new car up next week, I couldnt get the same as the one that was stolen which was A3 s/line b/edition 140 in Ibis white so my new one is the 170 Quattro..Im sure I will love it but ive never owned a quattro before....whats everyone's thoughts on it...im sure its a great car but is there anything I should know?? x

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  2. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 quattro Audi Avant Owner Group

I owned one of these and it was excellent the whole time I had it with the only issue being one key deciding to ditch it's programming and stop working but was fixed straight away by Audi.

I test drove the 140 and found there is definitely better pull in the 170 as well as being able to launch itself out of corners with a much greater ferocity if you're so inclined. :) Much better in the wet and in the really bad snow of 2010 I never got stuck a single time despite choosing some snowy inclines to test quattro hill starts on! ;)

I think that the only downside was the mpg which isn't as good as the 140 for sure, I was averaging about 35-38mpg but did almost entirely town driving. That said, I did a 62mph convoy from Silverstone to Aberdeen and averaged 61.4mpg so it can get good mileage! :)

I think you'll enjoy it and if it's an 8V then it seems like everything will be a bit better than the 8P2 I had. :thumbsup:

3. Sarah28

Sarah28 Member

Oooh brilliant, you’ve made my day…I cant wait for the snow haha, we get loads where live and up top of a hill…I expected the MPG not to be as good but I mainly do motorway miles so I might not see a massive difference..its probably not a car I would have gone for (not saying I don’t like it) I love it but never thought I'd afford one.. but as there were no other black editions in white I had to get it…. But might be one of those cases where I never look back, I hope!!!

Im no good with knowing what 8V or 8P2 :-( should I know this haha x