1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting into the rear!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by cdb2, Oct 14, 2004.

1. cdb2

cdb2 Member

Whilst test driving a 3 door, the only way I could find of getting into the rear seats was to pull the lever up near the seat top to tilt the seat back and then bend over and pull the seat forward on its runners so there was enough room to get in. Is this right??? Can't you do it all in one movement like in many 3 door cars, i.e. back tilts and seat moves forards in one go? Is it really a 2 stage process?
  2. richy

richy Member

yeah sorry afraid so mr!
  3. cdb2

cdb2 Member

Thanks mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Shame, reminds me of my first ever car in the 80's, a Metro!

Surely they could've moved on since then! The brochure says 'easy entry seats' - I was hoping that meant they would tilt and slide or similar in one movement!
  4. Billyt

Billyt New Member

some cars this only happens on the drivers side is the a3 the same
  5. imported_Adambsmith

imported_Adambsmith Guest

My Civic Type R is annoying like this. On the passenger side, the front seat tilts and slides forward in one go but then returns to the same position all the time - very upright - passengers are always adjusting that seat.

The driver's side is the same as the A3 - two motions needed for people to access the back - I just send back seat passengers around the other side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
  6. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The old A3 tilts and slides forward, can't believe they've taken a step backwards.
  7. StephaneS

StephaneS Member

yep one hand and one movement for both seats on mine
    what I think is bad design though is to lift the lever to slide them backwards as you should push and not pull the lever