1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting a new A6 avant

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by griffj, Mar 22, 2006.

1. griffj

griffj Member

[Mar 22, 2006]
    will be looking into getting a nearly new (less than 6 months old) A6 avant, it will be diesel,
    just wondered if any other A6 owners have any advice on engine size spec for me before i start searching. i allready have an A4 avant 1.9 TDI which i will be keeping.
    any advice would be great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. mickey_a6

mickey_a6 Member

[Mar 24, 2006]
    Are you talking about the new model or old model?

If old, I reckon 1.9TDi is the one to go for - but I'd advise you get sport spec and 6sp box (if you want manual). Best blend of performance and economy IMHO.

If new, has to be 3.0TDi Quattro S-line! Awesome car.
  4. dreddg

dreddg Member

[Mar 24, 2006]
    I agree with Mickey_a6 It has to be the 3.0tdi quattro s-line....if I only had the money........... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
  5. mickey_a6

mickey_a6 Member

[Mar 24, 2006]
    Yep - had one as a loan when mine was in for a service last year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif As you say, if only had the money!
  6. griffj

griffj Member

[Mar 25, 2006]
    cheers guys, going to the local dealer tomorrow (chester audi) to check out there 3.0TDI a6 demo, (not an s-line tho)
    any ideas on MPG for the 3.0, dont really want one thats going to rape me in the wallet, i do a lot of miles a week.
    ive been offered a good deal, as my boss was in the car game for nearly 30 years, so can get me a fantastic finance deal.
    plus i have a £10k trade in to get rid of.