1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gets built this week.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by steeve, Jan 25, 2005.

1. steeve

steeve Member

Well according to the dealer my A3 3.2 gets built this week, so I hope every one in the factory is a happy bunny and there are no disputes to p*ss any of the assemblers off .........

Please make a good job, tighten all those nuts and bolts up, dont forget any of the important bits ......................... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
  2. imported_Skywalker

imported_Skywalker Guest

Me too!!! (assuming this is week 4)

Hope they are both done before Friday pm!!
  3. steeve

steeve Member

Yes good point, wouldnt want it built on saturday morning overtime either ......
  4. imported_fobber

imported_fobber Guest

dealer until yesterday. I'm picking it up next Wednesday as its having the body kit and phatnoise fitted. I'm not going to sleep now until i can pick it up. Its driving me mad.
  5. Adrie

Adrie New Member

It's a busy week for Audi because mine is also a week 4 built.

All depends on how they started counting weeks this year. Normally the first week corresponds to the first day of the year. This means we are week 5.
    But I assume that Audi starts counting from the first monday of the year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Can anybody confirm this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyway, I only need to wait 1 week for delivery (I think it's being built in Belgium) and one week for the plates and them I'm going for a drive to ... I don't know where .. and I don't care... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
  6. steeve

steeve Member

Will any of you guys run them in? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif I usually start off at around 3000 rpm incresing it after 500 miles until its flat at around 1000 miles. I will have the oil and filter changed at 1000 miles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif
  7. SDW

SDW New Member

Wating for 05 plates...ordered first week december....what a long wait...but well worth it
  8. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

Ordered mine at the begining of December and picking it up on the 5th of MArch...
  9. GavinM

GavinM New Member

eeef, so does that mean then:

week 7 build : 7th feb - 13th feb
    week 8 build : 14th feb - 20th feb

I take it that that is the build date in the factory in Germany.

Does anyone know how long the cars take to get to these shores?
  10. imported_fobber

imported_fobber Guest

dealers 1 1/2 weeks after the buid week, i think it depends on timing.
  11. lb26

lb26 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    dealers 1 1/2 weeks after the buid week, i think it depends on timing.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeh mine was here in 1 1/2 wks.
  12. steeve

steeve Member

Dealer has said mine will take 3 to four weeks? Surely not that long?
  13. Jimbo100

Jimbo100 New Member

Mine completed its build last Friday, was on the boat by Tuesday and at the dealers yesterday (Friday). So in all, 1 week from completion of build to dealer!
  14. imported_fobber

imported_fobber Guest

dealers on Thursday and was having the body kit put on today. I get a call from them saying that during its time in the oven, the front skirt warped. They reckon they can still force it into position, but would i like to wait while they order another one which will be in Thursday? So looks like i may get the car Friday if all goes well.

I have decided that i'm never going to get this car.

I have been waiting over 4 months now. I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. Its worse than waiting for your first child.

No wonder i drink!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  15. miketweed

miketweed Member

Leicester Audi saleman: His name is Kam Kotadia. Seems like a very nice man.

The problem with the insurance is that I need to keep my policy continuous in order to get my NCD. But I need the new car insured 2 days before I get it, so I cannot drive my current car after I've swapped the insurance to the new one.

Thus I had to arrange a 3 day policy for the new car which runs out on the day of delivery, then my main policy takes over. I then need a 3rd four day policy for my current car which will start when the new car is delivered and take me up to next saturday when I sell it. phew!
  16. imported_Skywalker

imported_Skywalker Guest

Blimey! That is a hassle! Wouldn't they swap your policy to the new car and then put your old car down as a temporary additional vehicle. That's what mine do (for free as well but that is through a broker).

I'm getting mine through Danny (the fat bloke with glasses). He won't mind me saying that as I've known him years!