Get me some more BHP!!

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
hi there currently really happy with my A3 1.8 t had it decatted and a nice backbox on it Im guess roughly 160 bhp at the moment.

What i wanted to know is, is it possible to get the 1.8t to around or over the 200 bhp mark? If so what's involved in doing this and is it worth the money?

Cheers

Jason

You can get the 1.8T to over 450bhp with enough money!

A stage 1 remap from AmD/Jabba/Revo/APR will give you ~195bhp for the earlier ones with the K03 turbo or ~215bhp for a later one with a K03s. They all seem to be around £500.

AmD & Jabba fine tune the remap on a RR, Revo don't. AFAIK they all do the remap with a laptop through the diagnostic port.

A remap is by far the cheapest power you'll get out of a turbocharged car. Your decat probably hasn't done much for you apart from make your future MOTs a pain in the **** as the standard cat isn't that restrictive. Don't bother with an induction kit unless you really want the underbonnet bling as it's been shown before the standard paper filter isn't restrictive until you're running well over 300bhp.

HTH

Timbo said:
You can get the 1.8T to over 450bhp with enough money!

A stage 1 remap from AmD/Jabba/Revo/APR will give you ~195bhp for the earlier ones with the K03 turbo or ~215bhp for a later one with a K03s. They all seem to be around £500.

AmD & Jabba fine tune the remap on a RR, Revo don't. AFAIK they all do the remap with a laptop through the diagnostic port.

A remap is by far the cheapest power you'll get out of a turbocharged car. Your decat probably hasn't done much for you apart from make your future MOTs a pain in the **** as the standard cat isn't that restrictive. Don't bother with an induction kit unless you really want the underbonnet bling as it's been shown before the standard paper filter isn't restrictive until you're running well over 300bhp.

HTH

hey Timbo what about a 1.8 SE ?:hubbahubba:

if i remember correctly, the A3 1.8 T (same as the wifes) has a k03 turbo. I'd say get a k04 fitted and then mapped. should see around 250bhp then :)

mad max said:
steve cane who owns the infamous nos tt reckons he could get his tt to run as high as 460 bhp

460bhp is a lot! mind you it is ****** quick tho, lol ive seen it

will he be running the nos permanatly,or just in short squirts,has he had it direct port or just through the air box,not knowing anything about the car surely anything over 100 shot of nos run forever would melt engine

mad max said:
steve cane who owns the infamous nos tt reckons he could get his tt to run as high as 460 bhp

infamous to who? the police :D

RE: 1.8 upgrade sorry you did buy the wrong one should of got the turbo :( save for a 1.8tq thats got good quattro in it and as much power as you like.

RE: 1.8t upgrade get yourself a remap and you'll see another 35 horses, best bang for buck available, next step is bigger turbo.

finesse said:
hey Timbo what about a 1.8 SE ?:hubbahubba:
As Dummi said, not many tuning parts available for the 1.8 non turbo. You might be able to import a supercharger kit from the States, but it's probably not worth the hassle!

Olly_K said:
if i remember correctly, the A3 1.8 T (same as the wifes) has a k03 turbo. I'd say get a k04 fitted and then mapped. should see around 250bhp then :)
But then you'd need to upgrade the suspension and brakes to match, and (presuming it's not a quattro) you'd still have a front wheel drive car which hasn't got a particularly gifted chassis trying to push far too much power through the front wheels. So you'd have start thinking about decent traction control and/or an LSD (and you'd never see the money back when you sell it)...

You'd be better off with an S3 in the first place I reckon!

richa3turbo is running 320hp through a fwd a3 1.8t without problems.

dummi said:
richa3turbo is running 320hp through a fwd a3 1.8t without problems.
He's got Racelogic traction control.

There is SEAT Ibiza Cupra i know of running 460bhp+ with a 1.8T block and head.

Anyhoo, the guy only wanted 200bhp so a remap is the way to go. If it's an AGU engine REVO is only £400 inc VAT but there are many other remaps that'll give you similar power. On a really cold day you'll probably be nudging 200bhp.

I wouldn't count on your decat giving you any extra power at the moment, in fact i wouldn't be suprised if you'd lost some power, particularly low end torque.

Tallpaul said:
Anyhoo, the guy only wanted 200bhp so a remap is the way to go. If it's an AGU engine REVO is only £400 inc VAT but there are many other remaps that'll give you similar power. On a really cold day you'll probably be nudging 200bhp.
Do Revo do AGU engines now? They couldn't when I asked about mine 18 months ago, which is why I went with AmD.