1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

German syle plates

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by griswold, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Siena

Siena Active Member

Now that sounds like really off-topic.

You're allowed 20% on the front windows.

Mine are 20%. My interior is black, and the rear screen is limo tint, so work out why the fronts look darker than they really are. But, if a police officer got pushy, then I'd simply remove the fronts, and have them at 15%. I won't keep whining about Mr A's 40% tints, and why he doesn't get stopped.

It's no big deal, lot's of things we can't change law-wise, and don't agree with. We either live with them, or just keep on fighting a battle we're unlikely to win.

Again, this thread's getting derailed. Back to German-style licence plates on a UK-spec car.
  2. DriveByShooters

DriveByShooters Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine

Oh do you have tints? Didn't realise!
    My point was that german plates are deemed as illegal yet do not make the car unsafe and are simply changed if pulled by plod!

Tints however, if they are too dark, they DO make the vehicle unsafe and are an MOT failure AND are not a simple change. Yet people still do it and it seems to be so so much more acceptable!

I can see where this is going and i really don't want it to go that way, so i shall leave with my german plates still firmly stuck to the front and back of my car.

Cal1470 has left the building!