1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

German Style Number Plates

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Tallpaul, Oct 4, 2006.

1. bouncer--daz

bouncer--daz A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!

[Jun 8, 2007]
    Have they got the german or uk font? I kinda pussied out and bought the UK font....still look great... been too an MOT garage and they said they would have no issues passing them. :icon_thumright:
    Problem you may have generally depends on where you live and how many boy racers there are:no: . I live out in the sticks so no issues for me... but I work as a doorman and on a sunday night in cheltenham theres the weekly cruise... all the boy racers go round and round in circles in their chaved up saxo's. So the police crack down hard on any modifications... plus they have just installed the new number plate reading camera system (soz dont know the correct name) so they would be totally against anything that isnt the correct colour or font. Im waiting too see if they pull me... keeping the other plates in the boot. I know all the old bill anyways through doing my job and they have let me off numerous times for some bad speeding:sadlike: ... they just want VIP when they are out:arco: .... perks of the job.:)
  2. Spacecowboy

Spacecowboy Member

[Jun 8, 2007]
    Ah right. Can Dubmeister supply those? Have you gone for UK fonts too?
  3. C_Audiboy

C_Audiboy Vroom Vroom

[Jun 8, 2007]
    Yup they do - under Show Plates > Seals on the website.
  4. Dave_Bayern

Dave_Bayern Slipping at 3.5Krpm

[Jun 8, 2007]
    I got mine from Germanplates.com, and the Stadt stickers can be got from Dubmeister yes.

I had german font but with reflective plates and a yellow rear. You can't tell the font is German as I dont have any O's or 0's.
  5. spuddie007

spuddie007 Thomas the Tank Engine - Choo, Choo!

[Jun 9, 2007]
    Yep I also went for the UK font, but they still done me with a £30 fine. The car is due MOT next week so will find out then before I sell it on!!!! Company car!!!!
  6. bouncer--daz

[Jun 9, 2007]
    :wtf: Did you have your standard plates in the boot of ur car? What was there reason for the £30 fine if you had standard UK font and spacing? The plates are the correct colour and size... so I dont see a problem except for the material they are made from. :rulez:
  7. nick-barnes07

nick-barnes07 Member

8. Spacecowboy

Spacecowboy Member

[Jun 10, 2007]
    They don't have the Stadt stickers on those plates though. At least, the option isnt on the auction.
  9. bouncer--daz

[Jun 10, 2007]
    I know they may seem expensive but once fitted they are worth every penny! The one thing that I will mention is that I had too use 4 screws too fit the surrounds too stop the vibrations from my sub rattling them. You cant hear the rattle inside the car but when washing my car with the music on I noticed it.... was bugging me. Only a minor thing tho:blush:
  10. S3_MCD

S3_MCD Member

[Jun 11, 2007]
    popped into Dubmeister today and bought a set of GB plates with surrounds. Very impressed with quality and attention to detail.

Fitted to the car this evening - loking good, cheers Dubmeister
  11. Boydie

Boydie Guest

[Jun 12, 2007]
    thats where i got mine from - excellent site and delivery is so fast!! supplies you with a fitting kit as well

you can get the stickers for the middle of the plate but they are a separate auction but he will include them in the same order and post - they cost £5 and you can choose any area sticker you like

obviously VAG boys will buy wolfsburg as it is the homeland of Audi :icon_thumright:
  12. rickquattro

rickquattro Member

[Jun 12, 2007]
    Has anyone used these when driving their uk car on German plates, in Germany? Do German police have a sense of humor failure with them..?
  13. rickquattro

rickquattro Member

[Jun 12, 2007]
    Just answered my own question, from DUBMEISTER's site:

"Can I have the German Stadt and test plakettes on my German plates?
    Yes, we make a variaty of each to customise your plates further. Ours are replicas, and not exact duplicates of real German Stadt and test stickers., but they bear comparision for show use. Do NOT try to use these on cars that travel out side the UK, or you will get in trouble for sure!"

Interesting as I am off to Germany/Switzerland in a couple of weeks....

Hmm.