german ebay

joss

Reaction score
any one ever brought anything offa german ebay.apart from the language what other problems would you incounter.
cheers joss

yes bought my panel filter just like k&n and a few other bits and pieces from there, just translate the page.
Make sure the seller has a uk shipping option if not email them for price inc shipping.
Been a while since i used ebay.de but some didn't take paypal so avoided them.

yeah pretty much what i was gonna do.
cheers

they don't like the pay pal do they:confused:

i just bought some h&r springs an hour ago on ebay.de so will see how it goes

I bought my wheels of german ebay. went fine, emailed the guy to ask for a shipping quote, He said on the page that people could ask questions in english, but I did a rough translation on google aswell just to make it look that I tried. also a few years ago I bought some clearside repeaters and an s4 grille and no problems then either

No problems from me, use them for some of the more obscure items. I just make sure they take Paypal, as it costs me to do a bank transfer

I use ebay.de all the time, paypal is very popular with many of the sellers, and you get a better range of Audi items there too.

Just make sure they ship to the UK (Europa)

yes no worries here. been a german ebayer for a while. even sold my 17" ronal to a nice german chap.

I tend to use the bank as they have been bigger items (B7 brake calipers etc) for the cost of peace of mind I would prefer those robbing ******** over the paypal robbing ********

I don't blame those that don't accept paypal - I'm still in the hole for £2,835 due to paypal placing a hold on funds, for RS4 body parts I sent to the US.

Siena: Afaik the system is there to protect both parties, and although it does seem a little biased towards the buyer, i can see the point.

Its certainly no more biased towards the buyer than using a credit card or debit card would be, had they paid by card, one call to their bank would have placed exactly the same hold on the funds, and you would then have to PROVE to your card processor that the transaction was genuine, which isnt as easy as it sounds.

They get a lot of bad press, but that seems mainly to be from people who have no idea that exactly the same rules and principles apply to ANY "cardholder not present" transaction. Its simply a risk you take as a company or individual selling things remotely.

Not strictly true.

Paypal is biased 100% towards the buyer.

And if you accept cards, you can choose to accept debit cards, and not credit. My buddy runs a software business, he doesn't accept credit cards at all, all his business is conducted by debit card, direct transfer (BACS) check or cash, and he's had no issues.

Also with credit card merchants, you can choose a company that suits you. Cardsave is brilliant - chargebacks are very rare, and it's biased equally between buyer and seller. My sister has used them for 3 years with no issues.

Paypal is just plain rubbish - have you ever tried calling their well-hidden number, and spoken to a REAL human? I had it on mt site, but have since removed it as a payment gateway. At least, if a credit card transaction is subject to a charge back, you can call and actually speak to a HUMAN.