1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genuine S3 alloy wheels..

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by jonnyc, Apr 27, 2008.

1. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

[Apr 27, 2008]
    Hey

This isnt an advert as such, just out of interest wanting to see if there would be anyone who would be interested in buying wheels from my s3, all in mint condition etc etc..

Im planning on keeping the car for quite a while and im changing wheels next week so really all these wheels are going to do is take up space in the garage..

Ill post up pic of my new wheels, grille, suspension etc next week, hopefully its all done by then!

Thanks

Jonny
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. Boydie

Boydie Guest

[Apr 27, 2008]
    The plans sound good mate - however, I would hold on to them!

You can use the S3 wheels in the winter to keep the salt, grit and tar away from your good ones

Also, when you have a puncture you can use the S3 ones or needing a wheel refurbed!

Come resale, you can put them back on the car and get more money for the aftermarket rims
  4. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

[Apr 27, 2008]
    Yeah thats what I have been thinking but ill be having the tyres from my current s3 wheels put onto my new rims so they wont be a lot of use to me unless I buy another set of tyres..

Anyways like I say just an idea really :D

Do you have any trouble with rubbing on your rear arches by the way? When I had my wheels and the car lowered I used to get it quite often, hard to see where its actually rubbing though, it wasnt causing any damage, just a really loud annoying noise..

Jonny
  5. JimmyJames

JimmyJames Jas.

[Apr 27, 2008]
    I've just done the same having put new wheels on my S3 but as Boydie suggests, thats exactly what I'm doing. Turn around for the winter months on the S3 wheels and for that matter all round tyre wear over both sets of wheels/tyres. And agreed come the day put the S3 wheels back on for re-sale purposes.
  6. Boydie

Boydie Guest

[Apr 27, 2008]
    I havent any rubbing at all when driving apart from full lock turning left at crawling speeds
  7. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

[Apr 27, 2008]
    What is the offset on your wheels?

Mine are ET42 which is low, so for sure its down to that, but my car was no where near as low as yours, so thought maybe you would have a similar kind of problem..

Im sure it will eventually grind itself away whatever is making the noise.. :whistle2:
  8. S3 Big Andy

S3 Big Andy Stealth Beast Baby Yay

[Apr 28, 2008]
    I have 2 for sale!
  9. Relaxitscool

Relaxitscool Member

[Apr 28, 2008]
    Jonny, I'd be interested in them, how much would you be looking for and what size are they. Condition of tyres etc?

Regards

Rob
  10. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

[Apr 28, 2008]
    PM sent..
  11. jonS3

jonS3 Member

[May 4, 2008]
    I've got a set for sale if anyone's interested, only done delivery mileage, not a mark on them