Genuine centres for replica wheels

vanilla_ice

Reaction score
Hi,

I beleive that others have done this and it's a 'mod' I would like to do as one of my plastic centres has worked its way loose. I have seen a couple of auctions on ebay for genuine centres and I guess this is the mose economical way of getting them.

I don't know what make my replicas are as they came with the car. However, I do know they are Italian made if that helps?

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone know if the centres from either of the following auctions are likely to fit my wheels?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-AUDI-...oryZ9889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-alloy-wh...ryZ10372QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks in advance,

ICE

i have got replica RS/TT's and i have the same caps as in both the auctions and the fit mine. you may need to trim some tabs down on the back so they go in flush with the front of the wheel and i put some zip ties on the spring clip so it doesnt come off inside the wheel.
So they should fit:icon_thumright:

Thanks s3ollie!

Your description sounds fairly straight forward. Is it pretty obvious as to what needs to be modded?

Out of interest, do you know if your reps are from Italy?

Cheers,

ICE

The wheels and caps were on the car when i got it so not sure if they are Italian. I can see there is a few bit that have been cut down but it must be only 5 or 10 mm id say.

That first auction is a bit steep, that's practically the same price as the stealers, IIRC I paid £18 each including VAT.
I had to trim a small bit off the spring clip and then there's some plastic tabs on the back that foul the inside of the centre hole which just need chopping off. Very very easy.

Thanks for the replies guys.

As I don't know if its gonna work, I'm probably gonna go with the second link. I just hope they and the seller are genuine!!

Cheers,

ICE

they look genuine, all the 'fake' ones ive seen look ***** and you can tell a mile off.