1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genuine Audi Traffic Recorder / Dashcam

creweaudiparts Sep 7, 2017

1. creweaudiparts

creweaudiparts t.fox@creweaudi.co.uk Paypal : parts@.co.uk Audi Main Dealer

Genuine Audi Traffic Recorder / Dashcam

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Features & Benefits:

• Lens: 1080p at 60fps = clarity and smooth picture viewing
    • Fish eye records 150 degree angle = viewing angle to see the front wheel area.
    • Codec: Detects yellow, white & black colour = picks up number plates more clearly.
    • Hard wired to vehicle = Non visible driving position, and speed taken from CAN (more accurate than GPS)
    • Fixed & tethered to windscreen = Crash tested, doesn't become shrapnel in the vehicle.
    • GPS - Downloads your map location (and photos) upon parking (Multistory)
    • Radar - Records close incidents & people walking up to the vehicle.
    • G shock - Plays audible alarm once limit exceeded.
    • Security LED - Reassures occupants, warns people outside of the vehicle.
    • Voice Recorder (toggable) - Added in car safety, audible alarms on events recorded while not in the car.
    3 different operating modes:
    Standard:

• Regular mode for recording.
    • Recording starts after the engine is turned on and ends after it is turned off.
    • Equipped with a ring buffer, meaning that when the storage is full, the oldest data is deleted to make space for new data recording(this also pertains to the other modes)
    • Data is stored on an SD card and will not be overwritten by Event or Parking Mode.
    Event Mode:
    • Impact triggered recording.
    • When acceleration sensor exceeds its threshold, it immediately begins recording the relevant data.
    • Sensitivity of the acceleration sensor is adjustable by the customer via the Audi UTR app.
    • Separate files are saved with a pre-defined length.
    • Data is stored on an SD card and will not be overwritten by Standard or Parking Mode.
    Parking Mode:
    • Radar based recording.
    • Record mode will be activated once the engine is turned off.
    • System remains in stand-by mode until motion is detected by the radar sensor, then recording starts.
    • Sensitivity of the radar sensor is adjustable by the customer via the app.
    • More than 72 hours of stand-by time is possible.
    • Separate files are saved with a pre-defined length
    • Data is stored on an SD card and will not be overwritten by Standard or Event Mode.
    The Audi UTR app
    The Audi UTR app featured a user-friendly and intuitive interface, specifically designed for the Universal Traffic Recorder (UTR) and is available free of charge. Its capabilities include live viewing, data management, a car finder function and being able to adjust the recorder's settings. The seamless connection between the UTR and the smartphone occurs via a recorder-internal Wi-Fi hotspot. Users have the choice to access data from an SD card and use internal smartphone storage. All functions of the recorder can be controlled by the UTR app. The different features of the app are described as below:

• Live View - Live images of both front & rear camera allow the customer to adjust them to the most suitable recording position.*
    • Video Gallery - Enable customers to watch recorded data directly from the SD card or the internal smartphone storage. The export of the data from the SD card to the smartphone is possible here.*
    • Car Finder - When the engine is turned off, the location-based information is saved via GPS together with the date, time and the latest pictures of both recorderes, to make it even easier for the customer to find their parked car.
    • Settings - Enable the configuration and control of the recorder. Allows the user to switch between the different modes and to adjust the acceleration and impact sensor as well as enable other functions.*
    • Menu - All functions of the UTR app require a Wi-Fi connection between the UTR and smartphone. Users will be notified based on events which have been detected by the radar and acceleration sensor
    Suitable for the following Audi models:
    • A4 (B9) 2016>
    • A5 (B9) 2016>
    • Q3 2015>
    • A6 2015>
    • A7 2015>
    • A8 2014>
    • Q5 2013 - 2017 (8r)
    • Q7 2016>
    • RS6 2013>
    • RS7 2014>
    RRP £375.00!!

If you are unsure of fitment please contact us with your REG number or Chassis number.

2. s114hed

s114hed Member

Would this fit a B8.5 A5/S5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. creweaudiparts

Hi,

Unfortunately as above this only fits B9 A4's.

Thanks

4. Spinstorm

Spinstorm Well-Known Member

How about a 2017 S3 or new RS3?

5. BarryG79

BarryG79 Well-Known Member

What's the forum price?

6. creweaudiparts

Hi,

Unfortunately it only fits the models listed.

Forum price is £350.00 :salute:

7. Kuku

Kuku Active Member

Just double checking is the £350 for both front and rear cameras??

How easy it to fit yourself?

8. creweaudiparts

Hi,

@Kuku yeh that does include both cameras.

If you email me at t.fox@creweaudi.co.uk i can send you the instructions for you to decide yourself.

Thanks

9. Kuku

Kuku Active Member

Thanks....email sent

10. KrisKrk

KrisKrk A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant Gold Supporter Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi S-line owners group Le Mans Edition Manual

Not the smallest dash cam I've seen or available on the market but does look interesting.

If it's hardwired to the vehicle CAN system for speed reading, presume it is the reason why it can be installed in newer cars only, right?
    If I don't tap into this system, can it be used on my 2010 2.0 A6 Avant?

Thought forum members will be offered more discount for branded tech gadgets

11. creweaudiparts

Hi,

@KrisKrk unfortunately i dont know the ins and outs of the CAN system,i can only advise of what Audi say they will fit.

Personally i think its a great looking piece of kit with some great features!

Thanks,Tom

KrisKrk likes this.
  12. s114hed

s114hed Member

Can you show us the installation guide? That will helps determine if it will work with other models.

KrisKrk likes this.
  13. creweaudiparts

Hi,

The instructions are pretty large so if you can email me at t.fox@creweaudi.co.uk i will be happy to forward them on to you.

Thanks

14. KrisKrk

KrisKrk A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant Gold Supporter Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi S-line owners group Le Mans Edition Manual

Hi Tom,

Just emailed you regarding fitting instructions.

Just a thought:
    What about group buy?

If we gather here in a number of 10 or more members, seriously interested to purchase this device, any chances of better price discount?

Not being cheeky, just trying to justify price to functionality of other branded competitors on the market.

15. creweaudiparts

Hi @KrisKrk,

Yeh i have emailed you a response!

I could do a group buy no problem,if there would be 10 people interested i could try and shave another £10-15 off the forum price!

If people are interested in this please leave your names below.

Thanks,Tom

16. Lawrence7

Lawrence7 Member Team Daytona Team V6 Audi S5

Is this only applicable to Crewe Audi?

17. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Well-Known Member TeamMisano Team Ara Blue Audi RS3 Audi S3

Wonder what make they are, rebranded thinkware or blackvue. What's night time recording like. also I'm sceptical it'll last over 72 hours given the fact that I've had dashcams for over 6 years and car battery drain and dab radio interference are the two big issues with dashcams. I had a blackvue 500, various winycams, then thinkware. Latter solved my dab issues and an separate pass through battery solved my car battery drain issue. Now audi are selling a dashcam which lasts 24 hours longer than my cams that my local audi dealer chief technician said was causing the battery drain on my s3 and throwing up low battery error each time I started the car to the point at 3 years I needed a new battery. So i don't believe the 72 hours or audi can refund my 300.00 for audi new battery. The passive battery has sorted the issue though

18. creweaudiparts

19. oliquattro

oliquattro Member

I’ll be getting one for sure. So many idiots on the road. I got my car from Crewe Audi too, nice bunch over there!

Sandra likes this.
  20. creweaudiparts

Thanks,let me know if you want one ordering!

21. creweaudiparts

Hi Guys,

Quick Update-

In the next couple of weeks these available for A3 /S3/RS3 and Q2 models.

Thanks,Tom

Sandra likes this.
  22. ANTS3

ANTS3 S3ANT

Will be interested in one for my s3 8v please :)

23. Dan_DJT

Dan_DJT RS3 Saloon Team Floret Silver Audi RS3

I am interested in one for my RS3 8V please

24. SteveMcB

SteveMcB Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi Cabriolet Owner Group SQ5 owners group

Interested also - 2016 SQ5 plus.

25. creweaudiparts

Hi,

Yes available for both cars @SteveMcB @Dan_DJT please pm if you guys are interested.

Thanks

26. anthonyrobinson211

anthonyrobinson211 New Member

I have an 2017 Audi a6 black edition will it fit to that and if so how do i order

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

27. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter s tronic Audi Main Dealer

28. creweaudiparts

29. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member Team Daytona Team V8 VCDS Map User Audi Q7 quattro TDi S-line owners group

Hi are these now available for the Q2?

30. creweaudiparts

Hi,

Yes they are now available for Q2's.

Thanks

31. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member Team Daytona Team V8 VCDS Map User Audi Q7 quattro TDi S-line owners group

What sort of price are they please and are they hard to fit ?

32. creweaudiparts

Hi,

Price would be the same as in the advert,fitting is quite a big job as alot of the interior trims need to be removed.

The wiring side of things is quite simple i think.

Thanks

33. MJT101066

MJT101066 New Member

Hi, please would you be kind enough to email me the fitting instructions for an Audi A6 Avant (Nov 2015). I’ve dropped you an email from mikeyturner.

Many thanks,
    Mike

34. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro s tronic S-line owners group

Are they available for the A3 now? If so can I email you for the fitting instructions as I would like to see what is involved before buying one.

35. Kop

Kop New Member

Hi,

I’m interested in this. Have s new model A4 (2017). Assume this is okay. Also was there ever a group buy on this?

Also has anyone had this fitted. Will it drain the battery? My car isn’t used that much , just weekends really.

36. Gtigadge

Gtigadge Member

These look really good, shame my S3 8P is just too old ha.. Boo!

37. Neil Woodburn

Neil Woodburn New Member

Terry was good enough to send me the Fitting Instructions - as he said the most time consuming is trim removal and this is where I have a question.

The instructions detail trim and can anyone point me in the direction of downloading ELSA Service Instructions as there appears a lot of trim to replace - could be an expensive day out if the clips break due to incorrect removal.

38. Neil Woodburn

Neil Woodburn New Member

39. Daz4311

Daz4311 Well-Known Member

How much is this supplied and fitted to a 2017 audi s3

40. creweaudiparts

Hi,

The fitting is the expensive part in the grand scene of things.It takes around 6 hours and interior trims need to be removed etc.......

The fitted price at our centre is around £900.00,so dealer may be cheaper.

Thanks