1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General TDi Tuning

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by Mcgough, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Mcgough

Mcgough Member

Just got my audi first Diesel ive ever bought! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifWhat is the tuning potential and what should i do to get more power! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I aint got a clue!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

A4 1.9Tdi (130) Quattro Avant 52 plate
  2. Mcgough

Mcgough Member

Ohh and im way up north at newcastle so where is the nearest tuner!!
  3. imported_kris_tdi

imported_kris_tdi Guest

remap, will give around the 160 bhp mark.
  4. Mcgough

Mcgough Member

i was told 190BHP and 260 lb/ft in a email from revotechnic are they any good
  5. foolish3uk

foolish3uk Member

just get a tdi tuning box, resonable price and you can still use the stock programme
  6. imported_nmb

imported_nmb Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    MCGOUGH_A4_ESTATE said:
    i was told 190BHP and 260 lb/ft in a email from revotechnic are they any good

[/ QUOTE ]

they are good and they have a dongle on the OBD port so that the car can run stock if needed.
  7. Mcgough

Mcgough Member

Cheers mate im gona go for them - ive seen that jabba sport are getting 194BHP and 303lb/ft but that could prove a bit unreliable!

what other mods do you reccomend before i get the chip!
  8. pd130a4

pd130a4 New Member

the 194&304 is subject to how accurate jabbas rollers are (which are probably a little leniant lol)

I haven't had it on independent rollers but what I would suggest is that you have a quick drive of one, I believe AMD have remapped diesels to drive before making up your mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Also I don't think there's any other worthwhile mod for a TDI other than the custom remap... i'm looking into a CAI but can't find much info about them for diesels
  9. imported_kris_tdi

imported_kris_tdi Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Sam Rigby said:
    the 194&304 is subject to how accurate jabbas rollers are (which are probably a little leniant lol)

I haven't had it on independent rollers but what I would suggest is that you have a quick drive of one, I believe AMD have remapped diesels to drive before making up your mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Also I don't think there's any other worthwhile mod for a TDI other than the custom remap... i'm looking into a CAI but can't find much info about them for diesels

[/ QUOTE ]

try a cone filter, ive just ordered one for mine, ill post results /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    other than that, bigger intercoolers, full exhaust. if you have the 1.9 you can use the 150 pd or 160 pd turbo.
  10. Mcgough

Mcgough Member

just let you know my mate just bought a dry, filter and the engine is much more tourquey and you can here turbo better! he is impressed on a 115bhp A4