1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General info'

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by PhilPD, Jan 10, 2008.

1. PhilPD

PhilPD Member

Hi

As those who have read my previous posts will know, I'm currently on the lookout for an A4 1.9 TDi... probably a sport and preferably a 6 speed... around 53 to 04 plate.

I'm struggling to work out the standard spec at the moment and I have a few questions. This will be fairly basic stuff to those who already own them so please bare with me!

Firstly, I hear alot of people talking about a DIS and cruise. I'm guessing the DIS is driver information system? If so, the car I looked at today had a screen between the rev counter and speedo' which gave information such as average MPG. There was also what looked like a large bulb out warning symbol at the top whilst I drove (I'm guessing there was a dead bulb somewhere but I didn't bother checking as I had pretty much decided against that particular vehicle by then). So, is the DIS standard on the sport or was this car spec'd up? (or was this not the DIS!?).

What is the link between DIS and Cruise? This vehicle didn't have cruise but I plan to fit it if the vehicle I eventually buy doesn't have it... Do I need the DIS for this? Or does the DIS just show that you have cruise turned on or something?

Many thanks in advance for any info, and thanks again for the help in my other thread.

Phil
  2. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member

DIS=Driver Information System. Was not fitted as standard but can easily be retro-fitted, as can cruise control.

You dont need DIS for cruise, no connection between the two. Cruise control 'on' light isnt in the DIS, it is above it - between speedo and rev counter.
  3. PhilPD

PhilPD Member

Thanks for that. What's in that possition when there's no DIS? Every one I have seen so far seems to h ave a screen there... some I've seen a picture of a car showing an open door, others seem to have the MPG figures. Is this just the DIS in different modes or is one not the DIS?
  4. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member

Miles to empty is shown when there is no DIS fitted. All cars have the screen there regardless of DIS or not. The screen will change to the car picture when a door is opened and changes back when the door is closed.