1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General elections- who you gonna vote for?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by imported_Yaseen, May 2, 2005.

1. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[May 2, 2005]
    I know many won`t want to say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif but ive decided myself.

Im gonna vote Lib Dems- not because I paricuarly like them, and Kennedy is so dull.

Used to like Tony but he has pushed his luck way too much not to mention the internal messiness with the Gordon Brown fiasco.

Michael Howard is just too slimy- will promise anything and everything! Can`t be trusted imo- bring back John Major!!

So gonna vote the goody two-shoes as don`t like not voting. Doubt they will get in and if did no doubt would do some annoying policies but hey why not.

Anyone else decided?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

[May 2, 2005]
    still waiting for my polling card!!!
  4. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[May 2, 2005]
    Not sure, they are all slimey gits.
  5. jungle

jungle Member

[May 2, 2005]
    there is a scholl of thought that says, if you are unhappy with the current govt, you should vote them out regardless of who you vote for to achieve that.

If a cycle is established where govts are immediately "sacked" you will soon see a change in their attitude.

At the moment I feel that Blair and Co are not too concerned with the general concerns of the nation, and have nothing to fear as they see the opposition as weak and unelectable.

I will be voting conservative in an attempt to sack the Govt. And if the tories are as bad, I will vote Labour next time, until someone gets the message.

Rant over!
  6. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 2, 2005]
    i wish we could vote none of the above like in US, save us having to just vote for the "other" party as a vote of no confidence
  7. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

[May 2, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    i wish we could vote none of the above like in US, save us having to just vote for the "other" party as a vote of no confidence

[/ QUOTE ]

You can. Don't vote.
  8. DaveACQ20v

DaveACQ20v Member

[May 2, 2005]
    i`m gonna make a effort and `spoil` mine.
    they all talk shyte anyway!
  9. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[May 2, 2005]
    LOL Dave yeah im with you on that one mate!
  10. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

[May 2, 2005]
    dont NOT vote!!! (although still no polling card means i might have no option!)

turn up and write "none of the above" on your ballot!!

Imagine if 40% (i think thats the figure that dont vote at a general election) of the country did that! we'd have nobody as prime minister /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (jking)
  11. Just Plain Old

Just Plain Old Active Member

[May 2, 2005]
    The BNP have a lot of Policies that make a great deal of sense in this day and age!! Sadly, they don't have a candidate in my area........
  12. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[May 2, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that spoil or soil??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif
  13. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[May 2, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    The BNP have a lot of Policies that make a great deal of sense in this day and age!! Sadly, they don't have a candidate in my area........

[/ QUOTE ]
    JPO- the BNP won`t win untill they improve their election skills. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I mean firstly they are so lazy- Ive never had anyone come knocking round mine or any leaflets /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif So how am I supposed to be persuaded?!

Then once I went past my local BNP candidate, I said "Morning" as you do
    and he just scowled at me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif They really need to improve the`re people skills: I had my little nephew with me and id have expected any other MP to come over and pat his.... err asian head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif and what have you...but nope! just scowl- Way he acted was almost like he didn`t want my vote /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif How rude!!

Maybe your missus should join- older women are better at petting babies and stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif
  14. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[May 2, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW theres a suprise JPO wanting to vote BNP !!!!!

Probabaly vote for tony , as i think he is the best of a bad bunch! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
  15. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[May 2, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that spoil or soil??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No TDI...the election booth is different to the booth`s in Soho you go to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif
  16. jungle

jungle Member

[May 2, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should stand. Don't know which area you are in, but if you came knocking on my door I'd give you the kind of welcome you would not forget for the rest of your life.
  17. COLDSTEEL

COLDSTEEL Member

[May 2, 2005]
    I think their best policies are using the Army to monitor major ports an excellent waste of a professional and expensive resource.

And giving everyone the right to have an Assault rifle (after they have received training of course) with a mag full of rounds "It's there to shoot burglars with if they want, it's there to shoot people who invade this country if they want, and if in the end a tyrannical government wants to usurp the rights and freedoms of the people it is there to use against the government as well" Sounds like a Simpsons Episode "Homer gets a Gun" - Very Very good.

Nutter.

Sure they have some sound and relevant policies, they just haven't told anyone what they are yet.
  18. DaveACQ20v

DaveACQ20v Member

[May 2, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

depends how many pints i`ve had before i go to the polling station /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  19. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

[May 2, 2005]
    Well im only worried what is giong to happen were i live this year as everytime i vote for the big picture it does not seem to be the best outcome for the area i live in ,so i am going with the Green Party ,honest approach no bulls##t tell you how it is and the guy who is running for it this year i feel will make more of an effort to help the people were i live happy than conform to big party politics
    Maybe not the best option as i have a car that does 20mpg and frowned apon but ahh everythings not perfect to start with
  20. imported_Nigma

imported_Nigma Guest

[May 3, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should stand. Don't know which area you are in, but if you came knocking on my door I'd give you the kind of welcome you would not forget for the rest of your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto!
  21. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[May 3, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No TDI...the election booth is different to the booth`s in Soho you go to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose some mild satisfaction is achieved by voting at the Soho Booths, the only thing they have in common is you are voting for a complete stranger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

(no rude smileys please, were British).
  22. Strick

Strick Member

[May 3, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sadly, they don't have a candidate in my area........

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a local candidate, but then again i think HQ is quite close to here somewhere?
    Must admit that the policing policies you put up on the St Georges Day thread were quite good.
    What happened to that thread anyway? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  23. 28v6

28v6 Guest

[May 3, 2005]
    Ghostbusters!!!!!! ....Oh no! thats "Who ya gonna call..."

isn't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  24. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

[May 3, 2005]
    Im going to vote for howard as i think they have the best chance of ousting PRESIDENT blair.
  25. Just Plain Old

[May 3, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's nice to know that I'd get such a warm welcome from you, I can't tell you how 'comforting' that is!

Sadly there are too many members of the ethnic community who are nothing more than brainwashed moronic imbeciles, who don't share your 'enlightened' view...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
  26. Just Plain Old

[May 3, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you too.........
  27. Just Plain Old

[May 3, 2005]
    Yaseen,

Very good, now I 'do' like your style........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll try and have a word with Nick Griffin for you........ not patting babys heads is 'unforgivable', and as you say demonstrates a complete lack of understanding, of what elections are all about!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  28. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[May 3, 2005]
    JPO i do agree with a some of what the BNP are saying but you'd have to agree that me being white Irish i too am a foreigner as far as they are concerned even though you have (Britian) controlled our country for years. Whenever the stigma of anyone who isnt white and from middle England then they just aint gonna get the support needed! Still too much racism and predjudice and what they should be looking at is the fact that all of this immigration, asylum seeking and so on has come as a result of a once powerful British Empire which has dwindled somewhat and everyone from the countries which the British raped are coming home to roost! I'm sorry to say but this country has been a victim of its own success over the years and now everyone is suffering through high taxes and so on! It aint gonna get better anytime soon hence why Brits are emigrating more and more every year to get away from their own country which i feel is sad but thats the backlash of having a once massive empire which has since long gone!
  29. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 3, 2005]
    Captain Beaney! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  30. hop2407

hop2407 Active Member

[May 3, 2005]
  31. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[May 3, 2005]
    Just read in The Sun today Lib Dems manifesto pledge is that "noone caught with crack, Heroin and all other drugs would be sent to prison"

The article written by Tony Blair so clearly biased, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

But im feeling to lazy to read thorugh the whole Lib Dem manifesto- surely this can`t be right?!!
  32. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

[May 3, 2005]
    I vote for AS.net!
  33. The Slug

The Slug Active Member VCDS Map User

[May 3, 2005]
    LIB DEMS 4 ME!! Blair has had 8 years too sort things out, no change is their, and Howard, what a joke he is, soo faulse its rediculess, just watch his hand movements, cracks me up! Cant be trusted, so Lib Dems im gonna give u a chance, once there in, i think they'll wanna stay there and actually do stuff rather than B/shitt talk about it.
  34. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[May 3, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I vote for AS.net!

[/ QUOTE ]

7 day bans from the country /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif
  35. OutLore

OutLore VOIP Dude

[May 3, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Just read in The Sun today Lib Dems manifesto pledge is that "noone caught with crack, Heroin and all other drugs would be sent to prison"

The article written by Tony Blair so clearly biased, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

But im feeling to lazy to read thorugh the whole Lib Dem manifesto- surely this can`t be right?!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that depends on the amount you are caught with - IE getting caught with 20 kilos will probably mean you'll see a while in the slammer....

An associate of mine has the belief that drug addicts who repeatedly offend should be given the death sentence - by the drug of thier choice. Injection straight to the heart sort of thing... maybe a bit extreme, but hey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  36. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[May 3, 2005]
    Hop, that has helped me decide. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  37. jungle

jungle Member

[May 3, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sadly there are too many members of the ethnic community who are nothing more than brainwashed moronic imbeciles, who don't share your 'enlightened' view...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting stuff JPO. Of course, your Audi was built in Britain... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
  38. myzeneye

myzeneye Member

[May 3, 2005]

whats the score with not voting.? doesent the party whos currently in get your vote???
    blairs got to go.
    howard reminds me of the kid catcher from chitty chitty bang bang...
    and kennedy's got some strange idears.....

i dont really want any of them.

they all want us to pay more tax one way or the other. there all full of kak and the immigration issue has to be sorted out. i cant get to see a dentist, ive justbeen told my son wont even get a school dentist anymore... i pay nearly a third of my wage in tax ?? after a bike crash wich left me of work for 10 months, i claimed two, yes TWO, payments of incapacity benefiit, on returng to work, last august, i was told i would have to pay my tax's plus pay back this benefit rate untill the following aprill....... a third of my wage.
    not a benefit, for wich I had payed NI and tax for since leaving school, but a loan.
    just another lie.
    why do we pay tax. to hand out to bloody immigrants.
    it stinks.
    i hate this goverment, its suppossed to be a democracy?? in my eyes, its a dictatorship. i dont get any say in any of it. and its people like us who pay for this country.......
    no dentists no doctors...... loads of unemployed people or working people who would love the chance to train for a job like that, but no.... they have to spend our hard earned money on devious scroungers and rediculas pipe dreams like millenuim domes and huge ferris wheels that peaple like me will probably never see.
    what we need is a bunch of average normal people with the tax payers interest at heart.

rant over.
    sorry.
    still dont know who to vote for??????????????????
    might just write feck off tw@ts on the card.
  39. myzeneye

myzeneye Member

[May 3, 2005]
    and might i ad, the tory howard man said one of his policys is to let in more assylum seekers and try to cut down on the back of wagon type illeagals........
    MORE ??????? more ???????
    he will not be getting my vote.
    i think it may be lib demms, but i dont know enough about their policys to vote with any kind of confidence.
    were i live, we dont have ukip or bnp or green or anything,
    just the usual suspects......
    no, think ill deffinaitly write feck of tw@ts.
  40. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[May 4, 2005]
    So you didn't watch Hop's video then Myzeneye.

Seriously though, i'm with you and don't know who to vote for.??
  41. hop2407

hop2407 Active Member

[May 4, 2005]
    Although my vid is aimed at Mr Blair, I still think I may vote Labour.... I am definatley not up on politics, and know F cuk all about it however I do seem to recall that when the torys were in, the mortgage rates rocketed and this is certainly the one thing that would cripple me if the same happened again.
    I feel that in a round about way, we will always be paying over the odds for something, no matter who gets in..... be it petrol, fags, beer, house prices, vat, food..... it seems to me that they just shuffle the figures and decrease the price of some things and then whack the price up of others, however as stated above, the mortgage rate at the moment is what I have come to budget for and that's the one thing I would like to see stay at a reasonable rate.

Finally and as stated by many on hear, dont know what the leb dems promises or mission statements are, so I suppose I ought to find out !!