1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Chat - Monthly Thread

Discussion in 'Site Support & Announcements' started by jb0o, Nov 18, 2009.

1. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Site Sponsor

One thing I think the forum could benefit from is a sticky thread in the General Chat section so people can chat on that thread and also ask small questions, without having to make their own thread.

On previous forums I've seen these and they work really well, being more of a 'chat room' than a specific question thead, which I think is good to have.

It works good if the thread is locked at the end of the month and a fresh one created.

e.g. The thead could be called:

Daily Chat - December 2009

Just an idea I think would be a good thing to have, and is easy to implement.

Will also give the chance for everyone to have a good bit of banter, as thats what the thread is for.
  2. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

Good idea, however I believe there was a chat box that was put in place, for just this sort of thing, but it didnt take off by all accounts.
  3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

There's nothing to stop anyone to start a thread called 'Random Chit Chat' and go on from there. I doubt very much that any mods would agree on it being a sticky though, and should the content get out of hand, then it will be locked for the obvious reasons. Of course we can just carry on with the thread that Warren Cox started, that seems to be holding it's own. :)